Bermuda Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

oversea

Reaction score
I hope to be taking a trip to Bermuda in August. I intend on taking a few dive charters out for some wreck diving. How is the beach diving? I ask because, while my wife is not a diver, she loves the beach. So I thought if I were to rent tanks I could dive. Anyone know of good beaches to dive from and what I may be able to see?

It is easy to do a shore dive from Elbow Beach. You can rent gear from the shop on the beach ( www.divebermuda.com ). It is a fairly large (long) beach by Bermuda standards and you can do several dives to different points from the shore. Depth is not a big issue (i.e. generally about 50 foot max, depending where you go). Conditions can vary depending on the weather and wind but in general it is a fun dive to do.

That's probably the only spot to easily do a beach dive during your visit. No other spots have tank rental on the beach other than Elbow.

Scubamax

oversea:
I hope to be taking a trip to Bermuda in August. I intend on taking a few dive charters out for some wreck diving. How is the beach diving? I ask because, while my wife is not a diver, she loves the beach. So I thought if I were to rent tanks I could dive. Anyone know of good beaches to dive from and what I may be able to see?
I just returned from a 5 day trip to Bermuda. I dove two mornings on the trip. My dives were both boat dives so I can only tell you about that component. I dove with Blue Water Divers. I stayed at the Wyndham and they actually had a boat there which made the diving quite convenient. I set up my tanks for the dives but felt like the divemasters were good. Once they assessed your ability they would give you latitude and pair you up with divers of similar experience. We dove the Hermes which is a nice wreck. It is a USCG buoy tender which is fully intact. There are also quite a bit of interesting coral formations and swim thrus on several reefs (Virgina Merchant and Tarpon Hole) One dive was the Pollockshields which is actually off Elbow Beach. That site was accessible from shore. They had groups going out with DPV's from the beach. This is a well known dive site in Bermuda. It is in shallow water, 15-25 feet, so bottom times can be quite lengthy.

Troy

colemanrad:
I just returned from a 5 day trip to Bermuda. I dove two mornings on the trip. My dives were both boat dives so I can only tell you about that component. I dove with Blue Water Divers. I stayed at the Wyndham and they actually had a boat there which made the diving quite convenient. I set up my tanks for the dives but felt like the divemasters were good. Once they assessed your ability they would give you latitude and pair you up with divers of similar experience. We dove the Hermes which is a nice wreck. It is a USCG buoy tender which is fully intact. There are also quite a bit of interesting coral formations and swim thrus on several reefs (Virgina Merchant and Tarpon Hole) One dive was the Pollockshields which is actually off Elbow Beach. That site was accessible from shore. They had groups going out with DPV's from the beach. This is a well known dive site in Bermuda. It is in shallow water, 15-25 feet, so bottom times can be quite lengthy.

Troy

What time in the am did the boats leave?

I dove w/Blue Water Divers a while back out of their Somerset Bridge facility. We were on a cruise that was unexpectedly diverted to Bermuda due to a hurricane. They were very accomodating (unlike the cruise line's excursion staff). Great operator, I'd highly recommend them :wink:

oversea:
What time in the am did the boats leave?
We left at 9. Had to be there about 8:30 am. If you didnt need gear to rent you could get there closer to 8:45.

troy

The ship I am supposed to be on arrives at 3 different ports all at 9AM. I'll have to call them and find out what they have going on.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom