Bermuda Triangle on Discovery Channel 3/25

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cave Diver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
The Discovery Channel is repeating a program on the Bermuda Triangle tonight at 10 CST.

Bermuda Triangle Exposed

TV-G

Examine the Bermuda Triangle by layer to reveal what's beneath the 440,000 square miles of ocean in the deadly marine graveyard. Freak waves, magnetic anomalies, giant whirlpools and more have been blamed for its mysterious plane and boat disappearances.

[user]AUE-Mike[/user] was one of the participants in this segment and it includes some deep wreck stuff.

Should be interesting watching!

It's 11PM EST on my Discovery Channel.

Oopps, I meant to put CST. Fixed! Thanks!

Be sure to watch if you get a chance. I haven't seen this one, but everything Mike has been involved in that I have seen has been pretty interesting.

I just set the DVR in case I fall asleep.

The Discovery Channel is repeating a program on the Bermuda Triangle tonight at 10 CST.

[user]AUE-Mike[/user] was one of the participants in this segment and it includes some deep wreck stuff.

Should be interesting watching!

It was also on at 7:00. Don't go diving there. You may go through a portal or be teleported be aliens or have your compass spin for no reason and show up 1000 miles from where you stared.

I had high expetations for the show, I was let down. Sounded more like a kids horror story.

My $.02 take it for what it's worth.

Brilliant idea, Dan. I'm doing the same. :D

Hey Sam, haven't talked to you in a bit. I like your avatar but it fits me better than you. I seem to attract crazy chicks. :shakehead:

Rather than simply going into the scientific theories and explanations, they make it sound like it's a huge mystery and no one has had any clue right up until the day the show was aired. They continue with major factual errors including that "most of the disappearances were during good weather" and "many of the disappearances occured without any transmission of a difficulty". In fact those cases were the minority. It also doesn't say anything about the fact that the number of disappearances in the Bermuda triangle are not signicantly more than elsewhere and that many disappearances said to have occured within the triangle may not have even happened there...only the intended "route" took the plane or ship through that area.

Including but not limited to things like "The Navy has been searching for answers ever since the unexplained loss of the 5 Bombers on a training mission".

The Navy wasn't questioning any mystery in regard to those bombers, they got lost. End of story.

There was stuff like this through the entire program, which, while presenting a mostly scientific "unparanormal" approach, felt the need to throw in the air of mystery along with appropriate music to build up the suspense.

That's not science.

As I write this they are now focusing on Flight 19 again. Which was a routine training flight, that, again... got lost. Due to a multitude of navigational errors. They ran out of fuel and ditched.

Nothing more.

It was also on at 7:00. Don't go diving there. You may go through a portal or be teleported be aliens or have your compass spin for no reason and show up 1000 miles from where you stared.

I had high expetations for the show, I was let down. Sounded more like a kids horror story.

My $.02 take it for what it's worth.

I was hoping there was going to be a bit more coverage on the wreck dives the AUE team did. Even though they didn't solve the mystery they set out to, it was still cool watching that segment.

I think Flight 19 was captured by Castro using huge butterfly nets. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom