Bermuda Triangle on Discovery Channel 3/25

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rather than simply going into the scientific theories and explanations, they make it sound like it's a huge mystery and no one has had any clue right up until the day the show was aired. They continue with major factual errors including that "most of the disappearances were during good weather" and "many of the disappearances occured without any transmission of a difficulty". In fact those cases were the minority. It also doesn't say anything about the fact that the number of disappearances in the Bermuda triangle are not signicantly more than elsewhere and that many disappearances said to have occured within the triangle may not have even happened there...only the intended "route" took the plane or ship through that area.

Including but not limited to things like "The Navy has been searching for answers ever since the unexplained loss of the 5 Bombers on a training mission".

The Navy wasn't questioning any mystery in regard to those bombers, they got lost. End of story.

There was stuff like this through the entire program, which, while presenting a mostly scientific "unparanormal" approach, felt the need to throw in the air of mystery along with appropriate music to build up the suspense.

That's not science.

As I write this they are now focusing on Flight 19 again. Which was a routine training flight, that, again... got lost. Due to a multitude of navigational errors. They ran out of fuel and ditched.

Nothing more.

Its too bad they didn't consult you before airing the show

I think Flight 19 was captured by Castro using huge butterfly nets. :)

All the cigar smoke ruined thier visibility

The show wraps up with the Bruce Gernon time warp space theory, and then closes with "The Bermuda Triangle guards it's secrets!" as if it's some sort of living entity unto itself.

That's not science, that's not discovery, it's fiction.

My respect for the Discovery Channel as a reliable source of news and information has completely disappeared, just like an hour of flight time during Bruce Gernans trip to Miami and countless planes and ships in that oh so deadly area of the world where Atlantis still exists along with functional generators under the sea floor.

It didn't help that right after that abortion of a story ended, they went right into the theory that there's a Sasquatch running around Alaska...that no one has ever seen any real evidence of.

It didn't help that they went right into the theory that there's a Sasquatch running around Alaska...that no one has ever seen any real evidence of.

Not true. Heres photographic evidence

sarah-palin-winking.jpg

Damn the mods are quick.

Maybe they're the one's responsible for Gernon getting to Miami an hour ahead of schedule.

:humble:

Cave Diver must be filling his tanks with some of that "Dark Energy" space warp stuff they were talking about on the show.

He's light years ahead of the rest of us.

Not gonna bother looking it up, Flight 19 was found. On the bottom, they ditched.

Bermuda Triangle is crap. The Atocha and 'Treasure Train' were lost there, only they weren't.

I just set the DVR in case I fall asleep.

Brilliant idea, Dan. I'm doing the same. :D

just delete it. I saw the last 20 minutes of it and it's not worth watching...

Cave Diver must be filling his tanks with some of that "Dark Energy" space warp stuff they were talking about on the show.

He's light years ahead of the rest of us.

he does have a little "Darth Vadar Fetish" going on right now.... :popcorn:

Not gonna bother looking it up, Flight 19 was found. On the bottom, they ditched.

Bermuda Triangle is crap. The Atocha and 'Treasure Train' were lost there, only they weren't.

I agree with all of the above except that Flight 19 has not been found.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom