Best "All Inclusive" Resort and options for diving in Coz

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Our choice has been the Cozumel Palace. We are returning for our second trip, leaving a foot of snow today for Cozumel in about 35 hours! My daughter and I dive, and my wife is a non-diver. The Palace is more expensive than the other AI's on Cozumel, but everything is relative - it is far less than many other popular AI's (IMHO) elsewhere in the carribean. Food is very good for an AI, service simply cannot be beat, almost over the top. Great location close to town - perfect for Carnival this coming weekend! My wife enjoys the spa facilities, pool, snorkeling, and a few activities. The perks make the difference to us - no reservations for the restaurants and rarely any wait at all - eat what and where you want. Room service included and unlimited, likewise wifi internet, (many) excursions included - although we don't participate - too busy diving and in town - even telephone calls to the US and Canada included and unlimited. My wife also enjoys the fitness area, equipped with treadmills, elipticals, bikes, weights, towels, water bottles, and a nice view. We don't miss the beach and relax at the pool bar after diving, snorkeling, spa-ing (if that's a word) etc..

We don't dive with the house shop, but many local dive shops pick up at the Palace. Choose a shop with fast boats and the distance to the reef melts away quickly. Many of the shops would accommodate a "resort dive", I am sure. We are returning to dive with BlueXTSea after a great time on what was our fist dive trip last year. Since then we have spent a week at Turneffe atoll (TIR) off Belize and Utopia Dive Village in Utila - both great operations, but the combination of a great dive shop (and there are many on Cozumel), great location and amenities made the Palace an easy choice to return to.

If we were not staying at the Palace, we would likely take the leap and go for a condo instead. The all -too common minor issues with other all-inclusives (limited reservations and waits at restaurants, second rate bedding, linens, towels and toiletries) don't exist at the Palace. On the other hand, don't expect Vegas entertainment (althought the fire show was fun) - it's a small place overall at 175 rooms. You can search for my review here from last year if you want more info and some photos.

If it means anything - my wife, although the non- diver in the family, was the one who insisted we return this year!

Safe Diving! :D :D

I am going to Park Royal 2/15~20/10, I read a lot of bad reviews going back to Wilma time but the recent ones looked better.
i will try to report how it went when i return.
Years ago we stayed at the Alegro when it was the last hotel heading south.
they were building one just south but it wasn't open yet.

It was ok.
Did the jeep around the island thing, fun, good snork on that side, a little dangerous.
It was great weather and of course great diving/snork.

I don't have false expatiations just looking for the WATER!
Hell I can sleep good at home and I'm fat enough to last 5 days.
But it would be nice to hear from anyone that’s been there in the last year.

Last edited:
We stayed at Hotel Cozumel last April and used Aqua Safari as a Dive Op. We both dive and were too tired to take advantage of the resort activities of which there were plenty. It was a short walk to town so no cabs were needed. The food was excellent, plentiful, and varied enough to keep me happy. There was onyl one meal I couldn't find anything I liked. Aqua Safari picked up from the Hotel pier.

I'll second the Occidental Grand.

Pros:
-CLOSE to great dive spots (literally a 5-10 minute boat ride, I don't do well with long boat rides so this was a plus)
-Seemed intimate and nice for an AI
-Nice resort beach (which is rare on Coz)
Cons:
-Far from town
-Fairly expensive (even though we got a killer deal through orbitz, we can't find it again that cheap. bummer.

Over all we loved the Occidental grand; great diving and relaxing. We purchased their 10 dive package (dive palancar)for $300 and split it between my wife and I. Some of the DM's weren't too attentive though and were often the first out of the water. But then I never really count on the DM to enjoy my diving. George was amazing however! But we got used to it and like the bigger boats.

Don't worry Gaffer - should be enough time between when we leave and when you get there for them to restock the bar :rofl3:

I appreciate that!:D Laying a chaise lounger in the infinity pool post dive with a cold cerveza... Makes me want to cry form the brutal anticipation! 8 weeks and two days to go!

Gaffer

We did the Iberostar a couple years ago.. I was not a fan of it as I am very picky food wise and all inclusive just is not for me.. (I dont drink alcohol).

Others who were there seemed to enjoy it. Our dives are always handled by Del Mar Aquatics. I prefer them just because we have that rapport now.. Been diving with them for 5 years now.

We learned to just rent homes there and cook our own meals. We are a family of 5 so its much easier to do it this way and save a ton because diving is not cheap at all and when you multiply that by 5 you are talking about a good chunk of change.

We learned to just rent homes there and cook our own meals. We are a family of 5 so its much easier to do it this way and save a ton because diving is not cheap at all and when you multiply that by 5 you are talking about a good chunk of change.

Yikes!!! not much of a vacation for the one who has to do the cooking:wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom