Best bp/wing for double hose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

EHowe

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Newbie diver having a phenox built by vintage double hose. Looking for a modern BCD setup that will accomidate a double hose reg. The Zeagle Express Tech has been recommended. I like the Idea of customizing a set up like a backplate and wing to suite me. Anyone have any experiance with this type of set up?

Most bp/w don't work (know by experience), however, a few guys on here have customized the ET for twin hosers. I have a Freedom plate, which works beautifully.

Lisa

Can you tell me more about the freedom plate? Do you use any type of BC or wing withthat?

The Freedom Plate is not currently being produced due to high production costs and low demand.

I hate to hear that Eric. :(

Newbie diver having a phenox built by vintage double hose. Looking for a modern BCD setup that will accomidate a double hose reg. The Zeagle Express Tech has been recommended. I like the Idea of customizing a set up like a backplate and wing to suite me. Anyone have any experiance with this type of set up?
I suppose you ask this question enough times on many websites you might get the answer you want to hear. Listen to those who have been there, done that. BCs and DH regs are difficult to get to operate together. So far many of us have found the Zeagle Express best. Contact Chris@rapiddiver.com to assist you in the mods that Herman and Luis have concluded that work well. I have a modified one and it works ok.

Are you supplying the inflator hose from the Hookah port on your double hose or do you also need supply side adapters? As far as a back plate, you can go really old school and just hose clamp your harness to the cylinder. But really old school would be no BC except maybe for a horse collar Mae West or Fenzy. You can still get the 1970s era blow molded back packs if you want a few more modern conveniences. Bummer about Freedom Plate production; it is far better than everything else I have seen.

AQUTBP.JPG

If you wear the cylinder on the low side you can get away with a wing that has the elbow mounted more to the front-left rather than center-back. You probably want to avoid the bulkier pull-dump. The OxyCheq Mach V wouldn’t be bad, but I am sure there are many others.

This is my home made aluminum backplate that is cut to fit the double hose lower than a regular backplate. It can be used with or without a wing on both singles and doubles.
I use an 18 pound wing on a single 72 and a 45 pound wing on double 72's.

Attachments

• Back (Small).JPG
    Back (Small).JPG
    36.6 KB · Views: 186
  • Front (Small).JPG
    Front (Small).JPG
    37.4 KB · Views: 168
  • single tank adapter (Small).JPG
    single tank adapter (Small).JPG
    38.9 KB · Views: 176

Back
Top Bottom