Best company to book from Cancun airport to ferry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

michshlomo

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi,
I searched for relevant information but couldn't find.
We are flying to Cancun on Monday and doing the bag drag with a toddler. Don't ask me why.
Is there a reliable company that will wait for me in Cancun airport and leave immediately?

Thank you,
Michal

There are plenty, and they all seem to charge about the same. When I asked my dive op if they recommended one, they said they typically just buy a trip on the spot. In other words, I was concerned over nothing. I like to book stuff in advance. FWIW I used Cancun Valet this time. I’ve used Canada Transfers, another with a similar name like USA Transfers, and maybe others. @cvchief had a guy he recommended. I suspect they all do the job just fine.

There are plenty, and they all seem to charge about the same. When I asked my dive op if they recommended one, they said they typically just buy a trip on the spot. In other words, I was concerned over nothing. I like to book stuff in advance. FWIW I used Cancun Valet this time. I’ve used Canada Transfers, another with a similar name like USA Transfers, and maybe others. @cvchief had a guy he recommended. I suspect they all do the job just fine.
Back before COVID, when we were diving out of Puerto Aventuras (both ocean and cenotes) twice a year, we used Cancun Valet exclusively. Always there at the airport with my wife's name on a sign, even when our flight out of DFW was delayed. Never hesitant about stopping on the way, if necessary.

Not affiliated with them and receive no compensation for this endorsement.

When we did this, our porter was a distance from the airport and we had to find him.

We walked past 187 eager taxis to find him. They get to park right at the airport exit door.

Next time, I hire nobody, and just grab one of those.

Never hesitant about stopping on the way, if necessary.
I know you are talking about a specific company, but in general, if traveling solo should I be concerned about leaving my luggage in the car if we stopped so I could grab some basic groceries on the way?

I know you are talking about a specific company, but in general, if traveling solo should I be concerned about leaving my luggage in the car if we stopped so I could grab some basic groceries on the way?
We always traveled as a couple, so hard for me to say specifically.

However, on several trips, we both have gotten out and entered a store, one time to shop at Chedraui, and had no concerns with leaving our luggage and carryons in the van.

Are you worried the driver will take off with your stuff? I wouldn't worry about that but you should always make a note of the taxi/van number, maybe take a pic before you get in. This could be important in case you leave something behind.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom