best Cozumel dive operator?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BFEIII

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Staying at Cozumel Palace. any recommendations for a dive operator? Not concerned about cost, but rather, top flight service, safety and boats.

Thanks

I have been diving Coz for years and have tried several operators. Hands down, Blue XT Sea Diving provides the best experience and service. The owner, Christi, is remarkable and does everything she can to make each dive experience a memorable one. Her divemasters, Pedro and Arturo are top notch and know the reefs like the back of their hands. They always point out things I would otherwise miss. The boat is fast....brand new engines, comfortable and clean (even has a solar shower!), the Captain, Nivo is a total professional. I would never dream of using anybody else. They even manage and clean gear! Unbelievable service!

Blue Xt Sea Diving | Cozumel's # 1 Source for All Your Scuba Diving!

Have a great trip, and safe diving!!

Staying at Cozumel Palace. any recommendations for a dive operator? Not concerned about cost, but rather, top flight service, safety and boats.

Thanks
There is no "best" dive op on Cozumel. There are some differences, however, but you'd be better off perusing the dive ops' websites for information than you will coming in here asking who is the best. It's kind of like walking into a bar and asking who's got the best football team. You'll get a lot of cheerleading but not much information of substance.

The good news is that you can virtually pick a dive op completely at random and do just fine.

Use trip advisor or comb through the posts here and see what ops are active and get good recomendations.

The only one I can say to emphatically AVOID AT ALL COSTS is: Aquaworld.

:)

The only one I can say to emphatically AVOID AT ALL COSTS is: Aquaworld.

:)
I was going to say that but I have no firsthand experience with that op. The hearsay evidence in here, though, is pretty supportive of your statement.

I did say "virtuallly", right? :D

Amen, and I'll add one thing: If one does a search, one will see that there are around a half dozen dive op names that come up again and again as highly recommended by SB members. That doesn't mean they are necessarily the "top five or six" in Cozumel, but it does mean that many SB members think of them that way. You can't go wrong with any of those dive ops.

Top notch? Personal reco's...

Aldora Divers, BlueXTSea.

What do you want in a dive op? I need shaded boats, a beach surface interval and larger tanks. Aldora meets those requirements and will pick up at Cozumel Palace. Whether the other two large tank dive ops will pick up there is unknown. Those other two are Living Underwater and Liquid Blue.

You will note if you read enough that Aldora has unique dive options to include north and east sides of the island.

If you choose a dive op that departs from the caleta south of town, you may have to use a taxi to get there and back so verify hotel pickup if that is important to you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom