Best Dive locations in Bali?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gee13

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi All

Just got back from Sipadan with fantastic memories. I am looking at a mid term plan to get to Bali, probably around the Lembongan area/ Nusa Pedina for a Mola Mola quest. Anyone have any recommendations for good operators and locations to go for? I would rather natural fringing reefs with pelagic life rather than say, wrecks in Tulamben. Anyone have ideas of visibility and temperatures - also what's a good time of the year? Thanks

We did a month of diving in Bali last year and used AquaMarine Diving to set up the dive and intra-island travel arrangements. They will pick you up at the airport, take you to your dive operator, and since they work with almost every operation on the island, their knowledge and support are invaluable. Costs less than booking yourself, and they can give you the lowdown on weather, ocean conditions, and what's best for your type of diving. They are British, and located in Kuta, and can even arrange for private diveguides if you want. aquamarinediving.com

Joyce

Hi All

Just got back from Sipadan with fantastic memories. I am looking at a mid term plan to get to Bali, probably around the Lembongan area/ Nusa Pedina for a Mola Mola quest. Anyone have any recommendations for good operators and locations to go for? I would rather natural fringing reefs with pelagic life rather than say, wrecks in Tulamben. Anyone have ideas of visibility and temperatures - also what's a good time of the year? Thanks

Best two based on Nusa Lembongan are Bali Diving adventures and World Diving,

For Bali there are quite a few good operators, Including and not limited to
Bali Diving Academy, Bali Air Diving, BIDP, Water Worx Dive Center, Absolute Scuba, Crystal Divers, Atlantis International,,,,,,

Do not give up on the Liberty Wreck just because it is a wreck. The life on and around is worth the dive even if you are not interested in wrecks

Time of the year for Molas Molas, Season starts arouind now but best times for them are in September / October.

Need more info PM me

Hello,

I would too suggest you go to Tulamben and do the liberty wreck not so much for the wreck itself but for the life around it. The wreck itself is covered in corals and surrounded by fish. There is a eel garden nearby, a small airplane wreck, a coral garden etc etc. My husband and I could not get out of the water. It is worth going just to watch the local ladies carry your diving equipment (tank, regulator and BCD all ready to go) on their heads and bring it to the beach while you are struggling to walk on the pebbles with flip flops. There is a drop off as well nearby.

We also did a dive off Patang Bai which was a strong drift dive but very nice. We dove with Scuba Duba Doo Ph: (62) 361-761798 which was OK but they had a great dive guy called Taku which we asked to dive with for our whole stay. (Not sure if he is still there but you can try) Hope it helps!

For best diving location in Bali is depends on what you wanna see. Tulamben and Padang Bai is more for macro site but sometimes some divers see big fish around there. If you wanna see Mola-mola, the best place to see it is in Crystal bay and Blue Corner in Nusa Penida or Tepekong and Mimpang in Candi Dasa area. Best time to see mola-mola is in between July until September.
Many Dive Operators will offering Mola-mola dive packages at that time.
For further information please check it out at absolute scuba and Air Diving Academy.

Have fun......

Thanks guys, I am considering a day in Tulamben if time allows. My main focus is for maximum time searching for Mola staying on Lembongan, will be there end of Sept what's my chances?

I will be in Nusa Dua for 3 nights with the family and thinking of taking a day trip to Tulamben to do a couple of dives there. What is the best operator that does this that can pick me up from Nusa Dua?

Gee,
Most of the dive operator in Sanur do daily trip to Tulamben and also arranged pick up from Nusa Dua or Kuta and even Ubud. But normally lil bit early.
Please PM me for more info.

Ps: We saw mola mola last week on june 9 in crystal bay.

Back
Top Bottom