Best Dive Watch Ever...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Same watch here. LOVE IT!

Except that "second hand" you refer to is NOT a second hand... it shows depth when underwater, else charge status... pretty much my only complaint. If it was a second hand, I would love it even more.

It can be activated to work as a second hand but I think it will only run for an hour (if I recall correctly) before it needs to be reset.

It can be activated to work as a second hand but I think it will only run for an hour (if I recall correctly) before it needs to be reset.

I'd be curious to know how (or are you referring to a stopwatch mode of some sort?) although it's of limited use if it resets. I don't recall seeing anything like that in the manual.

I've got the same watch. It is a stop watch feature that turns the large orange hand into a second hand. That same feature changes the operations of the three inner dials as well.

I'd be curious to know how (or are you referring to a stopwatch mode of some sort?) although it's of limited use if it resets. I don't recall seeing anything like that in the manual.

I've got the same watch. It is a stop watch feature that turns the large orange hand into a second hand. That same feature changes the operations of the three inner dials as well.
I have the same watch and I believe that what's being referred to is the "Chronograph Mode" Which does spin the orange hand as the seconds hand when in this mode. Unfortunately, this mode can't be used when you're in "Dive Mode". And the manual says it has a max. of 49 min. 59 seconds. At 50 minutes it resets. To use the stopwatch mode you press and hold the lower right button for 2 seconds until the big orange hand spins around and stops at zero (12 o'clock). Then you use the top right button as the start/stop button. To reset the stopwatch back to zero, you press the lower right button quickly and release it. To reset back to the "Time Mode", you press and hold the lower right button.

I agree...I've had the watch since 1999 and I dont think I've used the stopwatch feature at all.

Right. That's not useful. . .
What! My post wasn't useful?!?!?! I'll never post here again!!!

I'm just kidding. I've had the Aqualands since about 1990 and until you guy's mentioned the stopwatch feature I had completely forgotten it had one. I actually had to go find the manual. When my computer went down in Cozumel last month I spent 2 weeks using the watch as my bottom timer and depth gauge. Since I'm just a simple recreational diver it worked great using the bezel ring as my timer, which I'm kinda limited to 2 hours using (I wish I had a SAC rate good enough to need a 2 hour timer). And the depth gauge seemed to square with several other diver's computers and analogs. This really is a great watch.

This is a great thread, though very dangerous since I collect watches. I may break down and get a dive computer. My next trip (32 days and counting) the Breitling Superocean Heritage goes for a dip along with the ever-popular sea dweller. On the wish-list is the Seamaster Pro (for obvious Bond reasons) and the Doxa Shark. The rule with my collection is none of them can be quartz. (Thus a dive computer is allowed, as is my pulsometer for running as the quartz time feature is secondary to their purpose).

Those Seiko's sure look nice too. Sigh, when the collection is worth more than my vehicle it is a bit out of hand lol

I did it. I sold my DOXA! It paid for the septic system for our new house.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom