Best Dive Watch Ever...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes, it's a real one from the last 1960s. Orange face, U.S. Divers.

I did it. I sold my DOXA! It paid for the septic system for our new house.

Well, a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do, but couldn't you just walk next door and use the toilet? :D

I have the Citizen Eco Drive with the second hand that isn't. I like it a lot except people keep telling me my watch has stopped.

Well, a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do, but couldn't you just walk next door and use the toilet? :D

I have the Citizen Eco Drive with the second hand that isn't. I like it a lot except people keep telling me my watch has stopped.

:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

Exactly the issue!

And yet I still love it. :) Form before function, but the underwater function is, at least, solid.

Yes, it's a real one from the last 1960s. Orange face, U.S. Divers.

Dung! I would have bought it from you so I don't have to go through the hassle of getting the one I have restored! Such classic and historical pieces...to me at least. But it's true, ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

Ah well...maybe one will come into your circle again later on.

Found this on the Rolex forum:

ayearinthelifeofasubmargm7.jpg

rolex97sylviaearle-circ.jpg

As long as we're doing Rolex stuff, I thought you might enjoy this. Look at the sub's right arm ... there you will see (circled in red) an ORCA Edge decompression computer and four Rolex watches that I put there as a joke at the start of Sylvia's training dive (the Rolex rep put the watches there after I put the Edge on). BTW, I took the picture.

I bought this LeJour new in '78, wore it maybe twenty times, then stopped because I. didn't like the hinged lugs. So, even though it looks pretty ratty, virtually 100% of what you see came from bouncing around in dressers and junk drawers for 30yrs, and the loss of accuracy quite likely due to, (I'm embarrased to say), never having been cleaned.
So with that said, anyone care to venture an estimate of what it's worth?

-Mike

p.s. The only reference I found was a dealer saying he sold a pristine version of the identical watch, labeled a Royal and having 21 jewels instead of 17, for $650.

Attachments

• 100_2297.jpg
    100_2297.jpg
    222.8 KB · Views: 67
  • 100_2286.jpg
    100_2286.jpg
    265.1 KB · Views: 60
  • 100_2288.jpg
    100_2288.jpg
    190.2 KB · Views: 47
  • 000_0018.jpg
    000_0018.jpg
    252.1 KB · Views: 53
Just so you know, in the books James Bond wore a Rolex. It wasn't until Goldeneye did they want to update Bond a little. They felt if Bond were to be written in the 90's he would wear an Omega so he's been wearing them since.

Actually, they "updated" Bond a bit somewhere around the late seventies or in the eighties. Gave him a high tech looking Seiko digital behemoth. Moonraker was the movie perhaps. I had a photo around here somewhere....

Anyhow, It's an Omega Planet Ocean on Craig's wrist now, from what I've seen. Not a bad looking watch.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom