Best Dive Watch Ever...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Now that is a sweet watch too..

I just picked up a Marathon GSAR. Automatic movement with tritium vials. Perfect for the daily wear, and rated to 1000ft so it's more than robust enough for dive use.

ww194007h.jpg

Rolex is to small and dinky and more than a little over rated.

N

Rolex is to small and dinky and more than a little over rated.

N

I'm with you. That's why I wear on a daily basis my Aeris Elite T3 puck on DSS bungie mount. That massive mutha suggests to the ladies that I'm well endowed in the nether department. It's not about the kind of watch but the size of watch.:cool2:

i will be in singapore this week and want to pick up a citizen idealy the Citizen Hyper Aqualand. something that is a computer not just a watch, any ideas/help would be great.

T,

According to Murphy's Law, the price of a man's watch is inversely proportional to the size of his nose, IYKWIM.

According to Murphy's Law, the price of a man's watch is inversely proportional to the size of his nose, IYKWIM.

What about the size of the watch? How big is my nose if I were to wear something that's 50mm or more across the dial versus something as wimply as a Rolex's 39mm diameter?

The best dive watch is the one you make yourself. Dive off La Jolla, CA nd find a nice small piece of light translucent jade thet will make a good watch crystal. Then go gold diving on CA or someplace where you can divesluice up enough nuggets to make a watch case.
Rolex in Switzerland will take these raw materials and make you a pretty nice watch. The more gold and crystal-quality jade you send them, the more change you get back from the $12K you send them to build you a Submariner. They LOVE projects like this.
If you send enough material for two watches and send me one of them, I guarantee that I will get you elected mayor of Detroit.
Send me both watches and I guarantee that you will never have to be on the ballot.

My old seiko diver finally kaput after 15 years of service. Replaced it with a new seiko orange monster. I love the new seiko, no battery change,large clean and muscular look, uni-directional bezel that has the most smooth rotation of any watch in it price range. Even though everybody gets the stainless steel band, I opted to get the rubber band. It more practical-can't scratch it

In the time since my last post I've now started using my Seiko Orange Monster as my dive watch as well as the timepiece I wear everyday.
I use the rotating bezel for my bottom timer because my equipment is analog and I don't have a computer. The watch works great for it's intended purpose and the orange face is really easy to read even when the visibility is poor and I'm under the kelp.
I have also since bought a Citizen Hyper Aqualand that I've yet to dive with.

Back
Top Bottom