Best dive you've ever done

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We followed it, and suddenly, the world fell away beneath us, and we sailed out into an almost inconceivably tremendous space. The line plunged beneath us, and as we descended, my light sometimes could not even pick up and define the walls around us. The water became the deep, royal blue of spaces below the halocline.

That's beautifully worded. :humble:

I thought I knew until I tried to decide:(

I posted this on DiveMatrix, but they are still 3 of my all time favorites.

Morgan's Spring - A picturesque surface pool surrounded by an impressive deck, oaks and ferns with a small chute at the bottom leads to a stunning and pristine cave, a little bit like peacock 1 pothole line at 180ft deep, but untouched. We did a single stage plus some backgas for about 800ft of penetration. Truly gorgeous.

Harvey's Cave - Harvey's has pretty large tunnels filled with dark tannic water. After a 700' swim downstream (no real flow) in 10ft vis, you can hang a left and slip down a small, craggy passage that opens up into a huge room with crystal clear water and white limestone walls. The upstream passage leads to a pit that drops from 100ft to 240ft, aptly named the Aphasia Pit. It literally leaves you speechless.

Upstream Hole in the Wall is always one of my favorites. A single stage plus backgas took us to the end of the mainline. The clarity of the cobalt blue water really makes it seem like you're floating in space. Close inspection of the walls shows hundreds of fossils, evidence of Florida's distance past. Litehedded and I got some fun video, but nothing can capture the totality of being there.

Greetings and from a fledgling Intro cave diver it would be the Devil Ear at Ginnie and on into the cave past the lips. The experience of going down through the tannic water and into the crystal clear was incredible! Best experience thus to date but I have many more awesome places to explore and training to complete. No OW diving I have ever done has kept me fixated like that dive.
When I was a boy I always dreamed of finding a opening into a cave or hidden passage and now at 42 years old I am that boy again stepping into these springs. It is like a dream in real life where the adventure lies in the beam of your light!
CamG Keep diving....keep training....keep learning!

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom