Best diving location to get rebreather time?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Autumnb

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
We are looking to go somewhere where we can get our hours up on our Poseidon Mark VIs without breaking the bank. Thinking Bonaire might be good, but would appreciate any suggestions out there.

Thanks,
Autumn

We have a trip to Galapagos in September. This is the rebreather dive trip of a lifetime for the achieved recreational diver who is entering the world of CCR. This seems to be your case.

We still have a few spaces left, you can contact me if you want more informarion. You can also visit my Galapagos Rebreathers site at www.galapagosccr.com

Walt at RecTek should have what you need on Bonaire. Rec Tek Scuba Bonaire - We do it silent. We do it deep. Technical diving.

Another rebreather friendly operation is Divetech on Grand Cayman. They dive the Poseidon there. Grand Cayman scuba diving cayman island scuba resort

Bonaire is probably cheaper overall though. Flights might be more but you can do more budget accommodations on Bonaire.
I have yet to find budget anything on Grand Cayman. Although if you stayed at Cobalt Coast, that might bring the cost down.

Any one have any remarks on how the new Hollis computer stands next to the Duo/Trio

---------- Post added March 6th, 2013 at 08:34 AM ----------

Eh sorry wrong thread
Moving on....

I just returned from Bonaire with a group of 10 ccr divers, and with Walt supporting the rebreathers it was a fantastic week! This was my second trip in the past 6 months training ccr divers and each trip the students were able to log 20-24 hours of dive time with only two shore dives each day. We stayed at Capt. Dons and used small pick up trucks for our shore dives and from north to south its only a 15-20 minute drive to awesome sites. Our last dive we were doing a critter check in shallows at Karpata and we were graced by a Manta swooping over and making a few turns before it meandered down shore. Turtles, Eagle Rays, Big Green moray ells free swimming, Hilma Hooker wreck site, etc… I would contact Walt asap to confirm scrubber cartridges for Pos, but he has good stock of onboard inline valves in 2-3 liter St., as well as a few R/L hand valves in 4 liter Al. , plus stage bottles.
Bon q.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for all the pointers!! We are headed to Bonaire second week in May - 3 CCR divers and 3 open circuit. Can't wait!

I just returned from Bonaire with a group of 10 ccr divers, and with Walt supporting the rebreathers it was a fantastic week! This was my second trip in the past 6 months training ccr divers and each trip the students were able to log 20-24 hours of dive time with only two shore dives each day. We stayed at Capt. Dons and used small pick up trucks for our shore dives and from north to south its only a 15-20 minute drive to awesome sites. Our last dive we were doing a critter check in shallows at Karpata and we were graced by a Manta swooping over and making a few turns before it meandered down shore. Turtles, Eagle Rays, Big Green moray ells free swimming, Hilma Hooker wreck site, etc… I would contact Walt asap to confirm scrubber cartridges for Pos, but he has good stock of onboard inline valves in 2-3 liter St., as well as a few R/L hand valves in 4 liter Al. , plus stage bottles.
View attachment 152194

Back
Top Bottom