Best dome port for Sony 10-18 mm lens

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi all,

I've just bought the Sony 10-18mm lens for my Sony NEX7 & Nauticam housing and appreciate your views on the ports that can be used with this particular lens.

Looks like there are 3 port options. I was assuming the Nauticam acrylic 7 inch (being acrylic) will not perform as well as the Zen and Nauticam glass port options. However as the acrylic 7 inch is made specifically for this lens this may not be the case?

There's a price difference of course, and base/extensions needed for the glass ports, but purely on photo quality are you losing anything in this case with the acrylic 7 inch?

much appreciated

I think the 7" acrylic is not specially made for the 1018 because it can be used with other lenses as well.

I own the 1018 and will go with the 180mm glass dome from Nauticam. I will need the 85-120 adapter for the sony macro lens anyway.

Not sure but maybe the acrylic dome is not so nice to handle underwater because of the low weight.

Cheers

I think the 7" acrylic is not specially made for the 1018 because it can be used with other lenses as well.

I own the 1018 and will go with the 180mm glass dome from Nauticam. I will need the 85-120 adapter for the sony macro lens anyway.

Not sure but maybe the acrylic dome is not so nice to handle underwater because of the low weight.

Cheers

i will order everything this month. Had to save up some money :wink:

NA-A6300, 180mm dome, N85-N120 port adapter, 1018 zoom gear. FlexyTrayII.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom