Best fins for current dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Although I love my jetfins aswell, (here in europe, where people look at me like I am some kind of alien if I use them) I do not agree.
I like the weight of them, the fact that I can walk with them, they are precise and unbreakable,...but in currents?...
If I have to dive in strong currents, I use my cressi Gara apnea longfins!

I'm gonna try my first hijack here and ask what peoples opinions of actual scubapro jet fins vs the non-scubapro fins that are obviously heavily inspired or copied from scubapro? are the true jet fins worth the extra money over the imitators?

I'm gonna try my first hijack here and ask what peoples opinions of actual scubapro jet fins vs the non-scubapro fins that are obviously heavily inspired or copied from scubapro? are the true jet fins worth the extra money over the imitators?

Why would you get an inspired fin just to save a few $$$? Jets are only $69.95. Not the most expensive fin out there by far.

I've not tried most of them, but Jets are infinately better than Rockets.

Good hijack, Z. Gives me an excuse to praise my Cressi-sub Rondine Gammas. They're so old I don't think you can find them any more, but they're still going strong. They're longer than jets, and more squared-off on the end, but same foot pocket, same vents, and just as stiff and heavy.

I added spring straps a while back. Whatever you get, get springs! You can see my Cressis here.

-Bryan

Why would you get an inspired fin just to save a few $$$? Jets are only $69.95. Not the most expensive fin out there by far.

not living in the US means the price I would pay is nowhere near that. if I get them from leisurepro (which has them for 69.95, 60% of rrp), I pay nearly the price of the fins again in postage (an extra US$55.50). If I support a LDS I'm looking at AU$200+ (US$130+). I can get some look-a-like ones for AU$99 (US$63) with free postage within Australia(as long as I spend an extra dollar to make 100).

I'd be guessing that if you were in my position, you'd be wondering if the jets were really worth 2-3 times as much too.

Could people saying x is better than y include a little more detail. do they give more thrust? more maneuverability? are they more comfortable?

cheers

Jets are in my opinion the best for current but you must have good strong legs as Jets can be Cramp Mechines for the not so strong but after a while you will get used to them!

SAVE THE ATLANTIC LION FISH!

Bought a pair of fins yesterday and although a lot you(much appreciate the suggestions) are passionate about the Jet fins, I decided on Mares Quattro Excel.

Love this boards because I learn so much from reading the posts. You are all so passionate on anything that concerns diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom