Best food in the oddest place....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

To me the best food is any that comes after a long deco dive.
However, I always look for the worst looking place on the block, the greasyest spoon, they tend to have great food.

neophytediver:
Everything.
Yes it is owned by the annoying man, but excellent service and very good food.

Neo, started the thread talking about the best Chinese restuarant being in Okinawa. The best Korean restuarant I ever ate in was on Okinawa. The best Japanese restuarant I ever ate in was in Syracuse NY. The people who ran it were from Okinawa. Maybe we found an answer here. :)

The best Mexican (Tex-Mex?) I ever ate is right here at the Rattle Snake Cafe in Bennington VT. Go figure.

Some of the best food I ever had was in a place called Blind Channel in Canada. We were bringing our boat up from Seattle, and we needed some fuel and food. It's a tiny place, and we were the only people in the only restaurant there. We had to ring a bell to have the local store open for us, and after ringing the bell, this guy came cruising down the boardwalk (aka main street) to open the store for us. It was absolutely fantastic. I just realized that they had a website! http://www.blindchannel.com/

The second best place I ate at was a place called El Pargo Rojo (I am quite sure I butchered that). It was a place in Kino Bay, Mexico. I had the best seafood I've ever eaten at a restaurant there.

Of course, the best seafood comes from my kitchen, because it's only a couple hours old (or less) when it hits the table here. :)

I had an amazing blue crab dip at this little place in South Carolina, I have been looking for it ever since.

At a Vietnamese restaurant near me, the owner claimed he had the best spagetti sauce. Never tried it though and he didn't understand why people only wanted to order Vietnamese food. (I got the impression that Italian food in Vietnam is like Chinese food in the US - a very common/popular "ethnic" cuisine. Don't know how true that is...)

The best hamburger I ever had was from a truck, where you get off the ferry in
Moorea. The guy coated the inside of the bun with garlic butter and toasted it, the mayonaise was home made.

The best hot dog was from a weird contraption that had a glass boiling pot and two spikes the size of a hot dog on each side. A baguette was cut to the length of the hot dog and placed on the spike, the spike had a heating element that toasted the bun.

Best fish tacos, the market at Ensanada. Every morning the ladies are chopping tomatoes, onions, cilantro and all the fixings. Everything is fresh.

Best fish, apricot glazed flounder, Garibaldis, Savannah

Rhythm Pills and Dragon Stout at Peanut's stand in Grand Turk!!!

Back
Top Bottom