Best GAGS, PRACTICAL JOKES or FUNNY MOMENTS UNDERWATER...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubagatorgal

Contributor
Reaction score
Here's one of my favorites...

Each month we would take the newbies to WPB for their final checkout dive. I would wait for the right moment and "discover" the cutest baby octopus you ever saw and show it to everybody who would go "awwww, isn't that cuuuuute". Then to their horror I would pop it in my mouth. My buddy always had the camera ready to catch their horrified expressions and I would spell out on a slate "live sushi".

At this point I would pop the little plastic octopus out so I didn't ruin the rest of the dive for my unsuspecting victims...

you can get "props" from the aquarium store for similar gags for comedians out there...

On a particularly boring moment last year while diving off Phuket, me and my British buddy spent a good moment joking as if his console were a mobile phone.

He dialed, and then I used my SPB to answer him, the whole thing behind the unsuspecting guide's back.

It still beats me why I was feeling bored, though...

this didn't happen underwater, but it was on the way to a dive site.

2 guys were riding in the back of the van, behind a mountain of gear and the instructor was driving. They called him from the back and said that they were one of the other students who was driving himself. they said that the trunk of his car popped open and his BC and mask flew out. the bc was run over and the mask was smashed. When the arrived at the dive site, the car with the other student in it arrived late and he apoligised about being late because they stopped for breakfast. When the istructor asked him about the bc, the student just looked at him blankly and said that that had never happened. at that point the instructor figured it out and we are lauging at it still. whats more is the instructor was carrying all of the BCs in his van.

One of my friends took a trip to the Grand Caymans and their package included a vidiographer. At one point they filmed the divers from a distance and the photographer had a hand puppet of a great white which would swallow the divers whole! Kinda silly but really funny especially when he described being attacked by a great white and then showed us the film!

We watched the other anxious pairs go through the "torture" and it was finally our turn.

We did it slowly and methodically... untill the end when the Mardi Gras Beads started coming out and we put our pink water wings on. The instructor already knew us well enough to know we would do something silly, the others were aghast that we had enough breath at the end to blow up the water wings.

During our SI at the quarry this weekend we were discussing dry suits and we were wondering how many people would freek out if we used and old dry suit as a lift bag the next time we were out. You know, just plug the neck and arms and I bet one of those suckers would lift a ton... but we might find ourselve left out at sea when we came up :)

Ty

I wasn't there, but heard a good one from some other divers. They had gone on a trip, and were signed up for a charter boat dive. On the same trip a few weeks earlier, someone had found a gold coin, and one of the divers in particular was both really excited about looking, and too nearsighted to do so effectively.

The other guys stopped at a candy shop before the dive, and bought a bag of gold foil wrapped chocolate coins, which they slipped to the divemaster. Sure enough, when the budding treasure hunter entered the water, he thought he had struck the jackpot.

He emerged wide eyed, and started showing off his find to his friends, who all seemed quite impressed, until one of them unwrapped and ate a piece of his "treasure".

Ok, Speaking of Cell phones, here's a story-

I had a student once, that was a celular phone shop. He brought one with him, and asked me if I'd jump to the pull to take the phone out if he throws it in. Ofcourse, I said yes. The guy throws it in, I jump in after it (wering, ofcourse, my only dry clothes), and while ascending, I read on it's back "None working sample". I loughed so hard I started drinking water.

So the guy says "you'r a hero, keep this one, it may bring you a good lough later on".

Now I can go on forever, about the times I looked at a student who had the same kind of cell, ask "it's yours?" and throw it to the pull to the great loughs of everybody who knows the prank. But I'm going for a better story- I used to keep this phone in my bc (actualy, I still have it there). When I tought a course, at the final dive I took the students to a place, where theres a bath-tub lying on the floor, tied with ropes to a rock. I'd take my reg, put it under the tub, and push the button, signalling the others to do the same. The tub would than float, and being tied to the floor on it's four corners, it would stay afloat, with an air pocket inside. Than, one by one, I get the students inside for their "initiation". It goes something like this:

My head is in the tub, a student comes up, I signal him to take of the mask. Than I'd shake his hand, take my snorkel out of the bc pocket, and "knight" him with it, telling him that in the names of st posiedon and st neptune he's now knighted Knight of the reef. Than I tell him "there is someone really special that wants to talke to you", take out the phone and hand it over to him. Now-for anyone that really wants to know if his spouse loves him, ask you spouses's instructor to pull this drill. Unbelivingly, they take the phone "Hello mom? / Honney? / Sweety?" Than I try to answer them some silly answer, and some will buy it. When they get the idea, they lough themselves silly, then go out and signall the next one to get in, now loughing on his expanse as well.

Amazingly, no one had ever read the note on it's back, untill I show it, and even still- there alwais was a Darvinist that asked me how did it work, becouse he swears he could hear his mom.

Here's another one-

I gave my reg to the technitian (which also happened to be my boss) for service. The day after she hands it to me, and I go for a dive with my students. After some time, I feel I have some water in my mouth, ok, no problem, I'm a drilled diver, I simply exhale a bit from my mouth. I start inhaling, and again, I feel water, So again I exhale, the same goes for a couple more times, untill my lungs are to empty to exhale. So, naturally, I send my hand to my regulator, to push the button, only there is no REGULATOR THERE!!! I spit out, and discover I had only the mouth-piece in my mouth. So I take a band out of my vest, atach the mouth-pieace to the reg, while suffering the amuzed faces on my students.

Aperantly, the technitian forgot to put a band on the mouth-piece, and being lazy me, I didnt bother to look there.

take one large wrench and spare nut swim up to a tourist sub pretend to unscrew a nut then show them the spare.

Not tried it but I hear it goes down a treat.....

Back
Top Bottom