Best handle/light setup for GoProHero 2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm leaning towards the Mako systems just because they're so much cheaper, but after you throw on all the attachments it's almost as expensive as the SRP tray.

Yeah I looked at those, and the Light-For-Me thing, really closely in fact... but ultimately I think Rocky Heap summed it up in post #10. You get what you pay for and the wide soft beam of the L&M lights is what you are after, the bigger (brighter) and more expensive, the better. $750 might be more than some want to spend, it might be nothing to others, its certainly not much in the realm of underwater imaging and dive gear in general... but for me it was about the right amount to spend on providing at least SOME useable light to what is after all a $300 camera.

Thanks FBK for the +rep.

I'm still of the thought that it's darn hard to beat the SOLAs for bang for the buck.

I won't say this next system is by anywheres cheap, but if you had 2 of these, 3600 lumens sure would help your tan lines. But ouch there goes almost $2K on lighting......You don't hear much about these, but sorta a cute battery configuration with them built into the hand grip.

http://www.amazon.com/Watershot-Action-Sports-System-WSLED-K352A/dp/B007A47OXA

Thanks FBK for the +rep.

I'm still of the thought that it's darn hard to beat the SOLAs for bang for the buck.

I won't say this next system is by anywheres cheap, but if you had 2 of these, 3600 lumens sure would help your tan lines. But ouch there goes almost $2K on lighting......You don't hear much about these, but sorta a cute battery configuration with them built into the hand grip.

Amazon.com: Watershot V1800 GoPro Action Sports Cam Video Light System Kit WSLED-K352A: Camera & Photo

I just dont see how these single 'pistol grip' trays are that much more stable than no tray? Unless were just getting trays to mount lights?

I've just seen so many lights recently in my search that SOLAs seem more and more overpriced (if you don't care too much about size). Nocturnal's 800 and the INON 700 seem to have a lot of light for the price. I Torch too maybe.

Go to the "beam test" here, to see how broad and soft the Sola Lights are compared to the Inon which is basically a 30 degree spot focus or you can lose intensity with a 60 diffuser which will also drop brightness:

LIGHT & MOTION || SOLA 1200 DIVE#

I'll admit I'm impressed with the Nocturnals packaging and performance, but the SOLA beats in for the sexy factor as well as brightness and soft edge beam spread.

Go to the "beam test" here, to see how broad and soft the Sola Lights are compared to the Inon which is basically a 30 degree spot focus or you can lose intensity with a 60 diffuser which will also drop brightness:

LIGHT & MOTION || SOLA 1200 DIVE#

I'll admit I'm impressed with the Nocturnals packaging and performance, but the SOLA beats in for the sexy factor as well as brightness and soft edge beam spread.

But for a little over 200 bucks the INON 700 isn't too bad.

Comparing the SOLA 1200 to the Nocturnal 800 isn't fair I'd say since the 1200 costs twice as much as the Nocturnal. It'd be better to compare the SOLA 800 to the Nocturnal which are pretty similar I'd say.

Heres mine, the bottom 4 locline joints are fixed creating the handles which are mtb grips I just slid over (tight fit).

8143693093_fa4f68064a_c.jpg

Look at this tray and their arms, flex arms and torch holders from Snake River Prototyping- About Our Products

You can also mount ball and clamp arms to the handles.

I have the tray and love it.

I really like the bracket. I think I am going to order it today. But do you know if/how you can attach Light and Motion locline arms?

---------- Post Merged at 07:36 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 07:36 AM ----------

Look at this tray and their arms, flex arms and torch holders from Snake River Prototyping- About Our Products

You can also mount ball and clamp arms to the handles.

I have the tray and love it.

I really like the bracket. I think I am going to order it today. But do you know if/how you can attach Light and Motion locline arms?

---------- Post Merged at 07:45 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 07:36 AM ----------

What is the bracket?

Heres mine, the bottom 4 locline joints are fixed creating the handles which are mtb grips I just slid over (tight fit).

8143693093_fa4f68064a_c.jpg

HEY NICE LIGHTS

grins.

Now double or triple the length of each Loc-Line length............get those wide beam lights out WIDE.

Wow! Those SOLA really are tiny! Are those 600s?

They look pretty nice for travel.

Sola models has the same size from 500-2000 lumens. ( 57*101 mm) Only 4000 lumens model is bigger.

Back
Top Bottom