Best handle/light setup for GoProHero 2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Now double or triple the length of each Loc-Line length............get those wide beam lights out WIDE.

Yeah they are a bit short, but I love how compact it is.. I'm taking it in a wreck next weekend I'll see how it goes! I can easily fill the frame (wide setting) with both lights pointing straight ahead or slightly out, up to about 6ft away which is probably about the limit of their effectiveness anyway right? Wouldn't making them further apart just mean having to angle them in more and more backscatter directly in front of the lens? I look forward to some advice.

Wow! Those SOLA really are tiny! Are those 600s? They look pretty nice for travel.

They are, they are, and they are! If you've only ever seen photos of them you really would be surprised by how compact they are. I just wish I could justify 2 x 2000's which are the exact same size.

Of all the other lights (I considered just about all of them mentioned on this thread) the things I liked the most about the Sola's are all the things RockyHeap keeps mentioning (wide soft multi-LED beam mostly), compact size and sexy shape, but also being sealed... who wants to mess around taking batteries out to charge after every hour of use, dealing with o rings, etc.

The lights come with a small padded case that hold the light and charger too, also great for travelling. Its about the size of a small p&s camera case.

I love em and can't wait to try them out properly!

Only backdraw of Solas are running time on max. effect. You will have to charge between dives above 60 min. duration or reduce the effect.

Only backdraw of Solas are running time on max. effect. You will have to charge between dives above 60 min. duration or reduce the effect.

Agreed, but who really runs video lights for a full 60 minutes on the first dive?

Small package = compromise.

And for my Aussie Friend.....GREAT info on why you want to shoot wide...........

Underwater Camera Articles:

Agreed, but who really runs video lights for a full 60 minutes on the first dive?

True, they aren't on all the time... also I tested mine on a full charge in a tub of water to see how long they lasted, can't rember exactly but it was closer to 90min!

And for my Aussie Friend.....GREAT info on why you want to shoot wide...........
Underwater Camera Articles:

And thanks Dave, I had read that article.. I get that you want the cone of darkness in front of the lens by not angling the lights in, mine are straight ahead or angled out slightly and still overlap. Guess I'll experiment, I'll add some locline if I have to, got an LCD backpac for framing at least :D

People doing long and deep wreckdives and cave-divers...

People doing long and deep wreckdives and cave-divers...

Hence your waist mounted slung canister lights the size of a firewood log and double or triple redundant air tanks and lights...special needs for special equipment...........so no a SOLA light the size of a tennis ball doesn't fit your application.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom