Best Key West Sites

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubapember

Reaction score
Can anyone help me? I am going to Key West in a month. Does anyone know of some good divesites?

Cayman Salvage Master and Joe's Tug. Key West diving is pretty poor in comparison to the rest of the Keys. I would suggest heading a bit north to Looe Key (around MM 27?). It's a short drive.

western dry rocks, ten-fathom ledge and ten-fathom bar are my favorites. usually better viz(stronger current), fewer divers and more pelagic sightings than reef tracts further north. few dive operators visit these sites,,,,,,,,,
reefman
key largo

Key West is for drinking and partying... not diving.

Key West just isn't known for it's great diving compared to the rest of the keys.

While a few of those sites noted above are popular, there is much better diving in other parts of the Keys. If you're going to spend all that money getting there, spend an extra 30 minutes or more and drive north a little and dive there. you won't be dissappointed.

Not sure how many people are in your group, but I'd be happy to talk to you about some sites that are a little further north but better than anything you're likely to see from any of the Key West ops. However, if you're going to have to dive in Key West, call Subtropic Dive Center and book with them.

Rachel

Looe Key is the best Key West dive site, hands down!! And after your dive, DO ask for directions to the No Name Pub for a pizza!

I am taking my own boat down there. Does anyone have GPS #s for any Key West or Looe Key sites?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom