Best LED back up on market ???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I get about an hour out of my DGX 600 and 800. That's with the batteries they came with. I understand there are better batteries out there that give significantly longer burn times. At your budget, you could get 2 or 3. I'm not crazy about the twist on and off and only one setting. The lights are very well built and double or triple o ring sealed. Definately quality built.

DGX 600 Handheld Light | Dive Gear Express®

DGX 800 Handheld Light | Dive Gear Express®

On my last night dive, I easily had two of the better lights on the boat.

Good luck, safe travels.
Jay

the DGX lights are probably the 'best" in terms if bang for buck, but I'm not a fan of twist ons that only have one light setting. There are electronics in all LED's so you can't get away from them and if you can't get away from them, you may as well have one that has multiple light settings so you can increase the burn time if you have to, reduce silt, strobe for an emergency, etc.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00S8Z7PZ...UTF8&colid=20R1B8EYPPCRL&coliid=IPJFBTD2D2FQT
I'm very happy with these *no battery or charger btw* and the push button on the back is super nice.

R105T HANDHELD DIVE LIGHT-Technical-A Lighter Ocean with Ano Dive Lights
I've just bought a pair of these as well for strap mounting and am quite happy with them.

Got some lights from Aliexpress. All metal and the exactly same as Tecline and other brands for half the price.

I get about an hour out of my DGX 600 and 800. That's with the batteries they came with. I understand there are better batteries out there that give significantly longer burn times. At your budget, you could get 2 or 3. I'm not crazy about the twist on and off and only one setting. The lights are very well built and double or triple o ring sealed. Definately quality built.

DGX 600 Handheld Light | Dive Gear Express®

DGX 800 Handheld Light | Dive Gear Express®

On my last night dive, I easily had two of the better lights on the boat.

Good luck, safe travels.
Jay
I liked their DGXMAX because of the mag switch ring and use mine as a primary but it has been discontinued. I had one and saw several others have problems with the switch so I suspect that is why it was discontinued. I inquired with DGX about them and was informed that they are testing a replacement with a more robust push button switch and hope to have it available in several months. I plan on putting one on my Xmas list.

I've been a pretty big fan of the DRIS 3C cell 1000 lumen backup and own 3 of them. It's bright enough to use as a primary (I have) and is reliable. The only minor complaints I've had is they are a bit on the long side of what else is out there. A 2 C cell size would be ideal for me.

Check out the UTD X15.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom