Best Military Dive locations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Attachments

• HotDive_150.gif
    HotDive_150.gif
    3.8 KB · Views: 177
Fort Lewis, WA
Go to the MWR on N.Post, Great dive shop. Someone is always going out. Mult. dive sites right out the back gate, many, many more up and down the sound.

If you are there TDY think about picking up a fishing license, you can get your limit on crab (mult. species) on every dive, regardless of location - Puget Sound is good diving

Here is a short list of English Speaking Dive shops on Okinawa, Japan above and beyond Military dive shops. Which are:

US Marine Corps. Tsunami Gear www. mccsOkinawa.com Courtney 622-9795, Camp Foster 645-4206, Camp Hansen 623-7717, Camp Kinser 637-2027.

US Air Force Kadena Marina 634-6344 Kadena Marina Scuba Locker

Kadena Marina has boat trips to the Kerama's and has a second port at Okuma Resort

US Army Torri Scuba Locker 644-4290 TORII TRAINING

Civilian Dive Shops...

North of Nago Boat Charters Hedo Dome, USS Emmons, IE Island northofnago@ezweb.ne.jp 090-3790-2924 ask for Chuck

Oki Diving Seragaki Onna Village okidiving@gmail.com CPT David 090-5290-9232 CPT Chris 090-9788-0282

Far East Marine Dive Company fareastmaridiveco@gmail.com 090-9786-0543

Reef Encounters International http:reefencounters.org info@reefencounters.org 098-995-9414 090-1940-3528

O2 Dive Okinawa http://www7.ocn.ne.jp/~02dive 098-956-7791 mobile 090-5389-7275

Asian Dive Tours Asian Dive Tours! Contact: 098-964-4007 or 090-5025-3153 and ask for Nancy or E-mail asian_dive_tours@hotmail.com

Blue Ocean Scuba Blue Ocean Scuba 090-3123-7903 ask for Thomas 080-3978-3885 ask for Gerry

Viamare Formally Fathoms Diving ‰«“êƒ_ƒCƒrƒ“ƒOî•ñƒƒ”ƒBƒAƒ}[ƒŒ„ TEL :098-956-8108 FAX:098-956-8440 FAX :098-956-8440

Open Coast Home - Open Coast 1Ž·866Ž·OCTŽ·DIAL/310Ž·433Ž·6653

Japanese Dive Shops:

A Calm Sea Celsius
Ana Hotel&resort Ishigaki
Ana Hotel&resort Onna Village
Back Drop Okinawa
Benthos Divers
Blenny Diving Service
Blue Field
Blue Try
Blue Zone
Butterfly Dive Ocean
Celsius Club
Coconut Ishigaki
Coral Calm
Dive Kids
Divegelende Mogucyaoclub
Diving Service Joy Joy
Diving Service Kafuu
Diving Service Sun*island
Diving School Umicoza
Diving Shop Dord Okinawa
Diving Shop Lion Fish
Diving Supplyer Smile
Diving Team Cool
Diving Team Unarizaki
Divingproject Jic Kumejima
Eco Guide Cafe
Fun Fun Dolphin
Grand Blue
Hula Dive Miyako
Island Club
Island Message
JAL Hotel and Resort Okuma
Kaifu Divers
Kumasan No Diving Shop
Liberte Diving Service
Loco Marine Service
Manza Beach Hotel
Marea Miyakojima
Marine Club Berry
Marine Club Nagi
Marine Palette
Marine Product
Marine Star
Marinehouse Ie Island
Mmc
Moon Beach Diving School
Mother Earth
Naha Marine Sports
Naha Sea Marine
Nankuru Diver's Okinawa
Ocean Trip
Ok Marine Club
Okinawa Adventure Company
Okinawa Diving Shop Suimy
Okinawa J.boy Diving Club
Okinawa Marine Point
Okinawa Ocean Divers
Panari Marine Club
Paradise Club
Peace Blue
Pushynushima Ishigaki
Reeffers Ocean Sports
Sea Max Diving Club
Seamens Club Resort Hotel
Southern Reef Okinawa
Southward
Tomsawyer Marine Shop
Yumeya Marine Club

All so check out Okinawa Dive sites over 160 at http://www.hotdive.com

I've been lucky the Army stationed me or let me go TDY to the following in no particular order
Gulf of Aquaba, Sinai Egypt once upon a time had a dive shop on south camp (rotation 15)
Puget sound, WA , Ft. Lewis dive shop
Thailand, TDY and vacations dove both coasts
Sri Lanka, TDY dove India side
Subic bay, batangas, Philippines, TDY recommend Johan's at subic
Guam, if you get a chance bunch of great shore dives from COMNAVMAR. recommend on base MDA shop
North and South Carolina, can't remember shop names
Kentucky, quarries and land between the lakes, cant remember shop
Oahu, HI, too many shops over the years, last time TDY used AAA diving (now out of business)and Diamond head divers.
Okinawa, JP Torri beach scuba locker is my regular shop, Kadena Marina gives 10% discount for club members.

These are just the places I've dove that Uncle sam paid for the plane ticket and hotel at least once or stationed me there.

I just dove Camp Schwab, Okinawa, Japan this weekend for the first time. I know that is a case of beer for me, but it was well worth it! I know all you Marines, Semper Fi have passed through Schwab over the years did realize that it was a great dive site. We had a long surface swim (29') but we dropped down on the sand to the Orawan side of the islands to 87 feet and it was over 150' vis and kept going to over 150'. We also saw a sea turtle on the way back in to the beach. If you old retired Marines want to check out your old stomping grounds I recomend diving Camp Schwab. We have space A flights coming into Kadena AFB, and MCS Futenma every day with conections to Guam and Hawaii.

I know we surface swam a whole lot further than 29', but you're right it was a good dive. That trench into the abyss was definately unexpected based on the terrain earlier in the dive.

I know we surface swam a whole lot further than 29', but you're right it was a good dive. That trench into the abyss was definately unexpected based on the terrain earlier in the dive.

Let me clarify as I was not to descriptive. Monodives and I waded for 100 meters, then surface swam for 300 meters on a 270 azimuth then droped down to a coral shelf that was at a depth of 29' for a distance of 300 meters on the same azmuth. Then suddently the coral shelf drops off to the abyss and we turned around at 87' and backtracked to shore.

Gitmo back in the 70s - Virgin Reef - I say when (and if) they close Camp Delta the military open a dive Resort there.

Ceaseria Israel - One of Herod's palaces.

Guam - Blue Hole, The Crevasse, Tokai Maru, Kitsigawa Maru,

Hawaii - Pray for Sex Beach

Back
Top Bottom