Best/Most Exotic Dive Locations That Most Haven't Heard Of

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It also would help if you explained what you are looking for. As a marine biologist, I look for dive destinations with interesting critters and ecological interactions. I prioritze those over things like reef structure and geology. I could care less for wrecks unless they are covered in critters.

In the same area as Rangiroa, there is also Tikehau (for mantas and sharks in particular) ... And much further west in the Pacific Espiritu Santo and Efate (Vanuatu) if you like wrecks.

Project Habakkuk prototype at Jasper, Alberta. As dives go it's pretty weak sauce; cold water, no life, and the wreck is just a tangle of old pipes. But it's a weird little piece of history few people know about and much fewer have ever seen, and Jasper is also a great non-diving vacation destination.

Rota, near Guam.

Back
Top Bottom