Best Pizza Topping Combination

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

neophytediver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
The first job I ever had was working at a Little Caesars. In fact most of the jobs I had until I joined the Army were in pizza places. I am passionate about pizza. I'm curious to know what your favorite pizza topping combinations are. I'm hoping for really unique or unusual combinations to try at home.

Some of my favorites over the years:
"Hawaiian Heart Attack"- Ham, pepperoni, bacon, pineapple, jalapeno peppers, banana peppers, mozzarella

"BBQ Bacon Cheeseburger"- Browned hamburger, red onions, bacon, 3 cheese blend (mozzarrella, provalone, and parmasean), BBQ sauce

"BLT"- (the trick here was to pre-bake the crust so the mayo wouldn't get icky) Mayo instead of pizza sauce, bacon, sliced tomatoes, topped with shredded lettuce during the last couple of minutes in the oven, mozzarella

Not to insult you but I don't consider Little Caesar's or any other chain GOOD pizza. Growing up in an area where there were family owned pizza places every few blocks made me finicky about my pizza.

Your "Hawaiian" sounds good, not sure about both pepper combos on the same pizza. That might be a bit too much, have to try it to be sure.

My favorite is boring but good, caramelized onions, good Italian pepperoni, mushrooms and a few banana peppers to add zing. Homemade dough of course. I use mozzarella and either parmesan or Asiago. (depends on what's on hand).

My favorites are mushrooms, Canadian bacon and either pineapple, sausage or hamburger. And I also prefer Pizza Hut.

ScubaTexan:
My favorites are mushrooms, Canadian bacon and either pineapple, sausage or hamburger. And I also prefer Pizza Hut.

Love Plant. Not a fan of most animal pizza. Two funny pizza stories:

1) Catalina Island - primo dive site in So Cal. There is a restaurant on the island that serves pizza (Antonios.) Its pretty vile, actually. Anyway, they have a white pizza - the only place in CA I've seen the NY/NJ white pizza. They also have a plant pie - and (if you can believe this one) they have carrots on this veggie pizza. WHAT UP?

2) So Cal in New York - my first time to New York was about 17 years ago. I was with a guy that worked for me at the time - he gave off this Soprano vibe. Last name ends in a vowel, dark suits, pocket hankie, jet black Matinee Idol hair, large glasses with a graduated tint, black Lincoln with Jersey plates... the whole 9. We roll into a NY pizza place. They let him park right in front. We walk in, the crowd parts, and he lets me order first. I order a pie with "Canadian Bacon and Pineapple..." The place goes silent, a needle slides across a record, heads spin... Like you could get Pineapple on a Pizza in THIS place, in THIS neighborhood. I turned tomato red. He ordered lunch the rest of the trip...

'za rules. I used to have pizza at least 2 - 3 times a week. I mean I was a total Pizzaholic (can you really be a recovering pizzaholic?) Its legendry. Ken eats pizza. After I got tired of having a belly like a house, I now have it a couple of times a month (like tonight...)

Its simply nature's perfect food.

I travel a lot - I've had pizza in probably 30 states and at least 4 countries - thousands and thousands of variations. So Cal thin crust pizza (Neo style) is still my fav. Grilled veggies, a drizzle of balsamic, maybe some goat cheese... yummers. I drool.

Not available in New York, I'm sure. :D

K

Worst pizza story...
Little restaurant somewhere in da U.P. (Upper Peninsula of Michigan).
Bisquick dough, plain tomato paste for sauce, & a few semi-identifiable animal parts (chicken knuckles, etc). Orange cheese. *shudder*

Imo's in St Louis has some dandy thin crust, depending on who's cooking.

Chicken barbecue with onions.

Everything's barbecued in Texas...

I like to use English muffins to make mini pizzas; a little sauce, some cheese and whatever toppings I have on hand then into the microwave it goes. Makes a handy little snack to pack for lunch too.
Ber :lilbunny:

Always!

Try the garlic diet!
Eat fresh garlic with every meal and snack.

You don't loose weight but you look thinner from a distance.
:D

Back
Top Bottom