Best Pizza Topping Combination

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The BLT is my favorite-but not from Little Ceasers.

There's a little pizza joint in Drayton Plains, Michigan that make the (IMO) the best pizza I've ever eaten. It's a family run place called Calebrese's. I'm getting hungry just thinking about it!

My favorite is wood grilled pizza with veggies. If you have never had grilled pizza try and find a place that has it, crispy crust, and smoky flavor with the fresh veggies is really great. There is also a pizzeria near me that makes Buffalo Chicken pizza, at first the idea horified me but after trying it it is really good, boneless buffalo chicken pieces with blue cheese dressing with melted cheese on top. OMG it is good but totally different.

I like flam cake. It is a french style pizza. Ultra thin crust with seasoned sour cream, LOTS of onions and bacon, baked in a wood oven and either a cool beer or a good white wine to wash it down. The last batch would be sweet ones topped with apples (with cinnomon and sugar) then you pour Grand Manier (spelling?) over it and light it...perfect ending. I have made something simular with french bread since I don't have a wood oven anymore...almost as good.

Smoked duck, seared bell pepper and Vidalia onion, asiago cheese, a light marinara, pasta fina. Oh, yeah, and several bottles of Staropramen on the side.

TTSkipper:
My favorite is wood grilled pizza with veggies. If you have never had grilled pizza try and find a place that has it, crispy crust, and smoky flavor with the fresh veggies is really great.

Wood fired is the best way to cook a pizza. No doubt about it. Second best way is carosel oven, sitting on a little corn meal to help circulate. Conveyor ovens blow.

Wifie and I have already speced out a woodfire oven for the pending Kitchen remodel. Scary, but doable.

I'll have to keep my pizza addiction in check...

Right.

K

I am actually talking about being cooked on a grill, as far as I know it was started at one of my favorite restaurants in RI called Al Forno. They cook the dough a little 1st and then flip the dough and put the toppings on the already cooked side....Ok I am getting hungry.

Mo2vation:
Wood fired is the best way to cook a pizza. No doubt about it. Second best way is carosel oven, sitting on a little corn meal to help circulate. Conveyor ovens blow.

Wifie and I have already speced out a woodfire oven for the pending Kitchen remodel. Scary, but doable.

I'll have to keep my pizza addiction in check...

Right.

K

Just to clear something up, the pizza's I mentioned were never sold to the public with the exception of the BBQ one. It wasn't at LC either, it was at a local restaurant and it was a huge success. The others were a product of boredom at LC, Pizza Hut, Papa John's or any of the restaurants I worked at.
Another one to add to the list: grilled chicken, sun dried tomatoes, and spinach white pizza

TTSkipper:
I am actually talking about being cooked on a grill, as far as I know it was started at one of my favorite restaurants in RI called Al Forno. They cook the dough a little 1st and then flip the dough and put the toppings on the already cooked side....Ok I am getting hungry.

Yummers. Tough to call it a Pizza when its not baked, you know? I mean, you have the elements (crust, sauce, toppings...) but without the baking, is it really a pizza? Was that thing sis cooked in the EZ-bake really a cake?

And you're right - for some reason a whole host of SB'ers started their fitness and diet commitments in March, rather than the traditional January - whatever. Pizza can surely be part of a balanced diet. Like anything else - there is very little "bad" food - just an abundance of bad eating habits.

And Neo - you rock. First for starting this thread. Second, for not letting the cuisine snobs get to you. Sometimes, you just gotta call Lil Ceasars, or Pizza Hut, or whatever (like when I need to feed the band for cheap...) Other times, I want a hand crafted pie.

K

The toppings don't really matter because they are not what makes a great pizza great. Greatness comes from the sauce and the crust.

Topping wise, simple is better and my preferecne is canadian bacon and either beef or sausage (depends a lot on the sausage.)

The best pizza I have had recently was from a little family owned retaurant in South Sioux City IA. Also used to eat at a wonferful pizza place in Prescott AZ about 20 years ago. The truly good ones are really memorable.

Dominoes, Pizza Hut, Godfathers etc, just can't complete with a good mom and pop restaurant where mom and pop know their stuff and really care about what they make. Of course even a less than great pizza is far better than no pizza at all.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom