Best place to buy scuba gear online?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LEISURE PRO HAS THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER!!!! And that includes the time I spent in Moscow when the Communists were in charge!

I ordered a wetsuit on 12-15 and requested that it arrive by 12-28 since I was flying to Belize.

On 12-16 they sent a dated invoice stating that it would be shipped via UPS 3-Day.

On 12-22 I received an e-mail saying that the order was shipped that day and that according to UPS the package was scheduled to arrive 12-30 - much too late to do me any good.

Their website claims "We normally process and ship all orders within 48 hours." They offered no explanation why the shipment was delayed.

I sent them an e-mail dated 12-22 stating that this was unsatisfactory and that I wanted a refund. I then went to a local store - something I should have done instead of dealing with these people - and bought a wetsuit retail.

Fast forward two weeks - still no response from Leisure Pro. I sent an e-mail asking for my refund since I hadn't heard from them.

In response, I got an e-mail blaming UPS for not working on Christmas, blaming me for not ordering earlier, and stating that if I wanted a refund, I'd have to pay their processing fee and a "restocking charge." Incidentally, I did the math and unless their stockboy is getting paid $400 per hour, their restocking fee is a bit inflated.

This is a clear contradiction of their policy stated on their web site: "You may order just about anything, inspect the equipment, and if you are not fully satisfied, just return it for a full refund less S/H charges (provided it has not been used). No restocking fee and no questions asked."

As for the delay in shipping? This is a direct quote from their e-mail: "...we don't need an explanation why it shipped with a 1 week delay."

DO NOT SHOP HERE FOR DIVE EQUIPMENT. IF YOU DO, PRAY THAT IT GOES SMOOTHLY, OR ELSE THE 'SCREW YOU' CUSTOMER SERVICE WILL GET YOU.

Here are some alternatives. I haven't tried any of these, but they have to be better than Leisure Pro

http://www.divebooty.com/

http://www.scuba-equipment-usa.com/

http://www.scubatoys.com/

http://www.thefrugaldiver.com/

http://www.diverswarehouse.com/

SANDiverGuy:
I ordered a wetsuit on 12-15 and requested that it arrive by 12-28 since I was flying to Belize.
No offence, but you order something just before Christmas and expect it to get delivered on time? They were probably SWAMPED! Busiest time of the year in any section of the retail industry.

They should stand by their statement of no restocking fee though, as per the website.

more threads on leisure pro here than anyone would want to read. just do a search. most people seem very happy. if i remember correctly, their bizrate rating is apparently 8.8 out of 10 based on more than 4,000 reviews. form your own opinion. in any case, there is always more that can go wrong when ordering something versus going to a store, seeing something you like and just buying it there. your call if the potential savings are worth the risk.

Scubaroo:
No offence, but you order something just before Christmas and expect it to get delivered on time? They were probably SWAMPED! Busiest time of the year in any section of the retail industry.

They should stand by their statement of no restocking fee though, as per the website.

A week delay between ordering and shipping and then shipping it KNOWING it will arrive when I'm out of the country?

How about them mentioning that they can't meet the deadline BEFORE shipping too late?

And the lack of communication? My request for a refund went unanswered until I sent a follow-up when I got back - 2 weeks.

How about the "we don't need to explain the delay" part? That was the kindest part of their e-mail, trust me.

Their response to my request for a refund was basically (paraphrasing here) 'Pay our fees or go screw yourself. Talk to your credit card company.'

I had no previous experience with them, and maybe they were a decent company before, but whoever is running customer service now is a total prick.

It turned me off so much I wouldn't deal with them again if they were handing out gold bars.

jo8243:
Where's the best place to buy gear online?

Thanks

leisurepro.com is an excellent place. i've bought tons of stuff from them and never had a problem.

and you can't beat their prices.

SANDiverGuy:
LEISURE PRO HAS THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER!!!! And that includes the time I spent in Moscow when the Communists were in charge!

On 12-16 they sent a dated invoice stating that it would be shipped via UPS 3-Day.

On 12-22 I received an e-mail saying that the order was shipped that day and that according to UPS the package was scheduled to arrive 12-30 - much too late to do me any good.

Their website claims "We normally process and ship all orders within 48 hours." They offered no explanation why the shipment was delayed.

I sent them an e-mail dated 12-22 stating that this was unsatisfactory and that I wanted a refund. I then went to a local store - something I should have done instead of dealing with these people - and bought a wetsuit retail.

Fast forward two weeks - still no response from Leisure Pro. I sent an e-mail asking for my refund since I hadn't heard from them.

In response, I got an e-mail blaming UPS for not working on Christmas, blaming me for not ordering earlier, and stating that if I wanted a refund, I'd have to pay their processing fee and a "restocking charge." Incidentally, I did the math and unless their stockboy is getting paid $400 per hour, their restocking fee is a bit inflated.

This is a clear contradiction of their policy stated on their web site: "You may order just about anything, inspect the equipment, and if you are not fully satisfied, just return it for a full refund less S/H charges (provided it has not been used). No restocking fee and no questions asked."

As for the delay in shipping? This is a direct quote from their e-mail: "...we don't need an explanation why it shipped with a 1 week delay."

DO NOT SHOP HERE FOR DIVE EQUIPMENT. IF YOU DO, PRAY THAT IT GOES SMOOTHLY, OR ELSE THE 'SCREW YOU' CUSTOMER SERVICE WILL GET YOU.

I have had an equally if not worse experiance with them lately. They have lost my business. I have little to know trust in them at all at this point.

SterlingDiver

Back
Top Bottom