Buying my first gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice! That’s still a very good price for it. They retail in Australia for the equivalent of 630 Euro. Yeah I had about a 2-3 month wait for mine, but it’s winter, so all good.
Enjoy it! Interested to know what you end up storing in the pockets of the wetsuit when you get it.
Will let you know. It should be here anytime now, so I will definitely test it out asap.

What did you end up buying?
I dive the Waterproof W8 7mm and love it. My only gripe with it is the pockets are a little tight to fit too much in, even struggle with a dsmb without it bulking out too much.
You got it for 100 EURO?? Wow. Where? I paid close to 400 Euro for mine.
The w8 has a front zip though?
How do you like the front zip? Is doffing easy enough? How is the quality of seams and zipper pulls? Are they still holding?

How do you like the front zip? Is doffing easy enough? How is the quality of seams and zipper pulls? Are they still holding?
I really like the front zip - easy doffing. Zips and seams are very good quality, the suit still looks new everywhere except the back where the back is pilling (pictured) a little from where the BP&W gets donned and doffed, not really sure how to prevent that.

Attachments

• Front.jpg
    Front.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 15
  • Back.jpg
    Back.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 25
I really like the front zip - easy doffing. Zips and seams are very good quality, the suit still looks new everywhere except the back where the back is pilling (pictured) a little from where the BP&W gets donned and doffed, not really sure how to prevent that.

What type of hood do you have? I tried the waterproof H2 5/7 but it is too loose around my neck. I am looking at tecline 7mm hood:

According to their size chart, xl would be perfect for me, and the smooth neoprene around the neck should grab on to the suit quite nicely. Any thoughts?

p.s. the pockets are ok for a backup light, notes, stuff like that. Smb, not so much:) They dont bother me quite that much, but it is always an option to alter them - make them a bit bigger with a strip of neoprene.

What type of hood do you have? I tried the waterproof H2 5/7 but it is too loose around my neck. I am looking at tecline 7mm hood:

According to their size chart, xl would be perfect for me, and the smooth neoprene around the neck should grab on to the suit quite nicely. Any thoughts?

p.s. the pockets are ok for a backup light, notes, stuff like that. Smb, not so much:) They dont bother me quite that much, but it is always an option to alter them - make them a bit bigger with a strip of neoprene.
I can't comment on the tecline. I got the Waterproof H1 5/7 with bib - XL. I have a big head :) But it fits well and tucks under the suit nicely.

Yeah the pockets are tight thats for sure. I have a DSMB in one and a backup mask in the other. I have the DSMB folded flat (it's open ended, so no parts other than the fabric itself).

I can't comment on the tecline. I got the Waterproof H1 5/7 with bib - XL. I have a big head :) But it fits well and tucks under the suit nicely.

Yeah the pockets are tight thats for sure. I have a DSMB in one and a backup mask in the other. I have the DSMB folded flat (it's open ended, so no parts other than the fabric itself).
I would prefer to have the same brand hood, as I think it is designed to go with the suit. But it just didnt fit me, and according to tecline size chart, theirs is perfect for me.

Do you have wp boots maybe?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom