Best place to live as a retired diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thinking outside the Florida box, have you considered Hawaii? Also, in So Cal you've got both La Jolla and Catalina island.

We lived in Hawaii for 5 years. The most beautiful place I have ever been. The diving is so-so.

Lots of negatives about sfla, but it's the best option to enjoy the nature. There are still plenty of healthy reefs which are not over dived all over the place here. My personal favorites are Delray/Boynton. It's also pretty reasonable living in Boynton area if you are cost concious. We have some nice reefs here in Pompano where I live, it's a bit closer to the MIA/FLL airports and culture.

Keys have some nice wrecks and it's only 1:20h to drive down there or up to Jupiter to see the big stuff.

Yes, our homeowners and car insurance is through the roof due to the rampant insurance fraud here in FL. Hopefully, a new governor will start cracking down on it.
Thanks Jonah, this is very helpful. I will check it out next week when we are down to dive palm beach and Jupiter. Is it true insurance rates are better if you are west of route 95?

And $4/ gallon gas!!!

If it weren't so hot horse back would be making a comeback.
big deal its US$ 8.25 per gallon here in New Zealand

Yes, our homeowners and car insurance is through the roof due to the rampant insurance fraud here in FL.

The roof replacement scam bills were passed a few years ago. They did nothing. Home owners insurance is astronomical here because the risk is high. Legislation can't fix that.

Thinking outside the Florida box, have you considered Hawaii? Also, in So Cal you've got both La Jolla and Catalina island.
If money were not a factor. I don’t know about the OP.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom