Best reef diving in Florida?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

depends on where you are going to be in March. If your near the keys, I would say down there.

depends on where you are going to be in March. If your near the keys, I would say down there.

the point is we don't know where we want to go diving in Fla., so if the Keys are the best spot we'd go. Is that what your opinion is?

Keys (Key Largo area) vis is usually very good, dive operators all over the place, warm water, and you wont run out of sites to see in a week.......

My vote would be for Key Largo as well. Great shallow reefs as well as some nice drift diving in deeper water in the Tavernier area. Some nice wrecks too if that is your thing.

The best reefs with a lot of sea life, and the most colorful reef is in Boynton Beach (just south of West Palm and North of Fort Lauderdale).

Key Largo is good too, but Boynton is really amazing.

Well the keys have some real beautiful shallower reefs for the more colorful dives that will have countless small critters and fish around. If you want to see the bigger stuff (i.e. jewfish, sharks, etc) then your best bet will be the deeper reefs off Jupiter, FL which is located just north of West Palm Beach. FYI you will most likely need an advanced certification for Jupiter as most of the diving is in about 90ft of water. IMO Miami and Ft Lauderdale for reefs do not compare to the Keys or Jupiter. Good diving to you

I am going to 2nd Boynton Beach. The most beautiful reefs I have seen in the US. Lots of critters and drift diving IMHO is awesome!

I favor the keys obviously and recently there have been numerous hammerhead and bull shark sightings at the city of washington

Best reefs in Florida would be the Dry Tortugas...end of story.

Problem is they are kinda tricky to drive to.:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom