Best scuba diving mag?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm partial to Dive Training mag. Plus they have an iPad app which makes it environmentally friendly.

The sad thing is that there aren't any really good monthly magazines here in the US. Sport Diver and Scuba Diving tend to repeat themselves if you subscribe for more than a year, and they always struck me as selling stuff to newly minted divers, without having a lot of more advanced material.

I subscribed for a year to Diver (UK) magazine, and loved the articles, but the price got prohibitive, and I was tired of reading about wrecks that I would never dive. I currently subscribe to Wreck Diver magazine, which is a great quarterly publication, but if you don't like wrecks, it isn't too helpful. I loved Advanced Diver magazine, which stopped publishing a paper version, but still exists on the web. I also enjoy the Candian version of Diver magazine. -Todd.

try undercurrent.org

Dive Training and Alert Diver (online) I read regularly, they tend to be much more about the art and science of diving and less about locations. The PADI mag is pretty much a dive site advertisement, which IF you have the budget is great but for me is just a frustration since I can't go :depressed:

(and of course SB, which has the added benefit of being seachable!)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom