Best Thread Ever!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Humuhumunukunukuapua'a:
Mask on forehead/not on forehead for obvious reasons.

It is probably also holds a record in the "information frequency vs. actual thread premise content" category - the gap widening As We Type.

I admit to not having read recent entries - but hey; it was kind of a binary concept to begin with ;0).

Mark Vlahos:
I tend to like the shorter threads where a simple question is asked and answered. Sometimes it is the seemingly obvious questions that make for the most illuminating answers.

For a more abstract question I like Mo2Vations thread about caves.

The threads I don't like are the ones that are full of responses like "do a search" and end with that.

Mark Vlahos

Interesting.

(An actor once taught me that to appear intellectual at a cocktail party all you have to do is frown slightly, pause for quite a while after someones last remark and then nod, not averting your gaze, while slowly saying "Iiinteresting" - providing you're conversing someone who pauses which makes it an unlikely cocktail party technique).

Anyhow.

I've often pondered the question of how to make better questions - we can only discuss how to avoid earsqueeze or "splits vs. jets" and allright "mask on forehead or not" so many times, so its actually the life of the board we're talking about: How to distill and ask vivid, surprising and illuminating questions ... that's it I'm starting a new thread - brace yourselves ...

I'm on the MOF thread and a lot of others. The MOF thread certainly is popular but should in no way be up for any "best thread" award. We're just having fun. :D

Fish_Whisperer:
For sheer humor and creativity, the Scuba Limericks thread gets my vote. :)

Don't mean to sound all stalker-like but I think lately I've begun to pick up on your preferences Fish ... ;0)

Without a doubt, Uncle Pug's Birthday Dive at Deception Pass thread. Funny, interesting, scary, funny, educational and (did I say) funny.

Santa:
Don't mean to sound all stalker-like but I think lately I've begun to pick up on your preferences Fish ... ;0)

I've plenty of interests galore!
A hundred appetites or more!
Yes life is great
'cos when I'm dead it's too late
To wonder why life was such a bore.
:D

Mo2vation:
"Fido" gets honorable mention...

---
Ken

Heh heh..I remember that one. Haven't read a post from O-Ring in awhile. Must be at Deco.

A Divemasters Limerick, by Santa

I said, on the peer, "Don't go deep
- or the price of your dive may be steep"
They told me to stuff it,
they giant-strode off it
and the rocks at low-tide made them weep.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom