Best Thread Ever!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Santa

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Which scubaboard thread do you subjectively feel was the best ever, and why do you think it qualifies?

However much I know you want to - you can't answer "this thread". So sorry but let's get on with it.

Since I'm a teacher by education, and strict as a ... uhm ... boa constrictor - I'll further underline this: The type of answer I expect is not

"because it made me really happy, the end"

but rather something along the lines of "It rocked my world BECAUSE ..."

I'm sure you all get my drift - even you in the back row.

"CLICK" (starting stopwatch, counting the moments until Warhammer is once again resurrected...)

---
Ken

WHAT? No mention of "I want to see a tank explode"

"Fido" gets honorable mention...

---
Ken

On a more serious note (very un Scubaboard-like, I realize), there have been a lot of really good, informative, educational threads I've found in the time I've been cruising this BB.

In no particular order of importance or enjoyment:

Mo2vation's "The Assimilation" threads -- too many to post links to.

Uncle Pug's Multilevel dives without computer thread

TheDivingPreacher's How do we know we can trust any of them thread, which started out talking about computers but became much, much more.

Diver0001's Managing task loading thread

There have been several threads on technique -- ascents, descents, etc -- that I can't find because I can't remember who started them and the topics are too general.

There is simply an amazing amount of information available if one is willing to spend some time poking around in the archives.

I tend to like the shorter threads where a simple question is asked and answered. Sometimes it is the seemingly obvious questions that make for the most illuminating answers.

For a more abstract question I like Mo2Vations thread about caves.

The threads I don't like are the ones that are full of responses like "do a search" and end with that.

Mark Vlahos

Mark Vlahos:
I tend to like the shorter threads where a simple question is asked and answered. Sometimes it is the seemingly obvious questions that make for the most illuminating answers.

For a more abstract question I like Mo2Vations thread about caves.

The threads I don't like are the ones that are full of responses like "do a search" and end with that.

Mark Vlahos

That is an oldie... wow. I remember that. Its not long after I joined the board.

Too funny. Good answers from a bunch of people that are sadly no longer around. Thanks for the post.

---
Ken

Who can forget the parodies?

I enjoyed seeing how creative the members could be--especially NetDoc. This board has grown so much over the years and we don't hear a lot out of him now.
Ber :lilbunny:

Back
Top Bottom