Best time to buy new gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Johnbone

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I've been watching some sites and I have been seeing a lot of special and clearance items lately. From those of you that have been doing this for years, when is the best time to find the best deals on gear?

it depends on the type of gear you are looking for. Lots of recreational gear is turned over year after year, the manufacturers have to keep changing the designs to stay one up on their competition.

Black Friday is a good time to buy gear. That said, look at your end goals and work backwards from there. For a lot of wreck diving in Jersey you have to have redundant air, that means doubles or at least a pony bottle. For that, you are infinitely better off with backplate and wing. If you are interested in cave diving, then consider a sidemount rig. etc etc. Black Friday is a big sale time at Dive Right in Scuba, Cave Adventurers, Piranha, and a few others. I'd hold out for that

I have found that during the holidays are the best but you have to shop around. Don't be afraid to use the price match that a lot of .com stores use. I like the best gear I can buy but I refuse to pay full retail.

I'm going to be looking for a pony bottle, reg set up and hardware. Funny that my wife suggested it so she feels better when I'm diving.

unlikely for those to get much better than they are now. You have Piranha pretty close to you who usually have good deals, and with the Hog D1/Classics being liquidated right now, it's tough to beat.

Cave Adventurers and Dive Right in Scuba also usually have stage sets if you call and ask nicely.

Sometimes after DEMA when new products are coming to the LDS. However, Internet sales seem to have made that less import. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You have Piranha pretty close to you who usually have good deals

My experience has been that Piranha ships out of FL, not NJ. Also, their shipping costs are somewhat insane for when your purchase is <$200. I know they say it's an "estimate" but when the "estimate" adds another $20, that is hard to swallow.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom