Hi from California

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nassim

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I've been finding great info here for years and have finally registered!
Long time diver here and I've been frustrated with my search for a great quality, reliable, air-integrated, lightweight, watch-type dive computer! I am not sure where to post this question yet. Any advice?
My new, not-yet-wet shearwater Perdix is WAY too big for my wrist!

Of course it is. Most people wear the Perdix and similar computers higher up on the forearm, not at the wrist.

What did you think of the Shearwater Teric? Why did you choose the Perdix?

Richard.
I just found out about the Tern TX (and Teric) and I wish I had known about the Tern before buying the Perdix, that's cheaper with a couple of fewer feathers than Teric! That seems to have everything I am looking for in its description. Not having used either on a dive, not sure how they compare :wink:

I've been finding great info here for years and have finally registered!
Long time diver here and I've been frustrated with my search for a great quality, reliable, air-integrated, lightweight, watch-type dive computer! I am not sure where to post this question yet. Any advice?
I bought the Perdix in Dec 2023 (apparently around the same time Tern came out) and was planning to use it on an upcoming trip to Fiji, but now I'm thinking about selling it and getting the Tern TX!

I have found that to be a bit awkward and uncomfortable carrying a camera
The Perdix is, or is modeled after, the kind of computer long used by tech divers, who wear them on their forearms. Cameras were not a primary consideration. If you're a photographer, maybe that is not the kind of computer for you. That's not to say tech diving and photography can't overlap--I'm sure the Perdix has been on the forearms of many a cave and wreck photographer--but how one plans to use a computer and a camera on their dives is probably something that merits consideration.

Sounds like you're gravitating toward the Teric or Tern. Perhaps a better choice for you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom