Best way to attach pockets to wetsuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ghost.Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
I was looking into attaching a thigh pocket to my setup but dont really like any of the temp setups I've seen. The DR thigh pocket (hangs down & velcro'd to leg), OMS's anit-sag weight/mask pocket (looks too bulky), and Halycon's pocket that takes the place of the light when not being used (80 bucks for a pocket that I can't use if I dive a canister!! Not)

Being down here on the gulf, water temp is nice enough that I dont need to consider a drysuit yet. I know that when I do, it will have attached pockets. Even when I get a drysuit, I wont be diving dry all the time (Sorry, I agree with most DIR principles but not this one) But, in the mean time, I was checking out some pockets that are made to be attached by yourself, to either a drysuit or wetsuit.

I've read the instructions, seen the photos, but I figure that someone has done this before with either good or bad results. What I'm really trying to find out is glue or stitch (6.5mm F/J)??

Anyone got any suggestions?

Thanks guys,

Those were the instructions that I had already seen but I wanted to talk to someone who has actually done it either going by those or there own version. You know it's kinda like the car repair book on taking out the engine: drain fluids, disconnect hoses, remove mounting bolts, disconnect transmission. It's never that simple.

One question, with the pockets not being manufactured of neoprene, having them glued to a neoprene wetsuit, how long will the pockets stay glued on?

WW, you say you've done it 3 times with good sucess, I am assuming by good sucess, these have been 3 seperate pockets and/or wetsuits?

DUI now makes a pocket that has a neoprene back (just bought one myself). This seems like a great solution - it will adhere well, and be stretcheable when applied to a neoprene suit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom