Beware Diver Emporium online retail site!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WVMike:
So, I ended up buying from those that did respond.

BTW, Larry does respond, and he has got business from me.

I'm in the same boat

I work 7 AM to 5 PM Monday to Friday and more than occasionally on the weekends as well and am a perfect candidate for on-line shopping .. if I can just get beyond the paranoia Larry will probably be hearing from me.. :wink:

I was recently attempting to purchase BC and Regs for myself and my wife because of my hours I did most of my basic research on-line I then contacted every LDS with in 2 hours of driving time for me (7).. sent what I was looking for called to tell them to tell them it was sent..

I got two responses one of which started out with
"you don't want Apeks they're nothing but trouble..."

The one shop that was actually willing to engage in a discussion has recieved $7,500 from me so far this year and that isn't done yet..

short form -- I guess bad retail can happen on or off line

Thank goodness most of you know that Captain Dave's "fair chance to respond" was apparently more of the same unresponsive "stuff" I got from him in the first place. It's nice to know divers are much more intelligent than some retailers give us credit for. Besides, he was the one who encouraged me to spread the word about his business practices in the first place.

If your LDS is giving you the impression that you are wasting time by asking questions, I think you need a new LDS. I have went in to my LDS, and I have asked them questions that I am sure seemed obvious, or were redundant. The thing is... that is what buisness does. You help people, you treat them well and deal fairly or they are not customers for long. I see alot of people talking about going to a dive shop and wasting thier time only to buy somewhere else. I go to my LDS becuase I know the people, and I like how I am treated there, if I ever felt that I was wasting their time I would go somewhere else. Ajames54 makes a good point, you do buisness with people who are fair, and treat you well. I think that is more important than price. If someone is mean or belittling, it is not worth the money I "might" save.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom