BEWARE EON Steel POD batteries DOA out of box new! Very Disappointing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have seen one of these issues, but was happy with the way Aqua Lung handled the situation. Though I did have to send it back it was promptly replaced/repaired.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have seen one of these issues, but was happy with the way Aqua Lung handled the situation. Though I did have to send it back it was promptly replaced/repaired.

You spend 440 then tax ($473 for me) and a tank pod that reads battery dead from the get go and you are happy that they take it back, send it to Finland, and a couple weeks later send you another one? This after delaying the launch of this product for six months all the time marketing that the "wait is over." May I suggest you are the easiest person on earth to please? Just poor.

I am overall happy with the quality of the product and understand that there may be issues with the release of a new product. Issues such as these are not limited to Suunto, every manufacture has dealt with and deals with production issues. Having used the product for the last month in various types of diving I have to report that the quality and ease of use is the highest I have seen. I am willing to wait for a product that will deliver, even if there are bumps in the road.

I am overall happy with the quality of the product and understand that there may be issues with the release of a new product. Issues such as these are not limited to Suunto, every manufacture has dealt with and deals with production issues. Having used the product for the last month in various types of diving I have to report that the quality and ease of use is the highest I have seen. I am willing to wait for a product that will deliver, even if there are bumps in the road.

I agree the computer is excellent. I disagree that Suunto has handled this problem well. As the initial poster noted getting him another pod right away would have been a better alternative. As I noted Suunto has a record of bad releases with bugs. In this case they delayed the release months past the stated release to deal with those bugs. What further troubles me is a company that cannot properly answer its trouble support tickets; took them five days and then they told me to charge the wrist computer to solve a bad battery in the tank pod. My quetion to them was how to find the battery replacement for the tank pod. That's not a bump in the road. It amazes me how often folks justify just bad behaviour by individuals or here a company. That's sheer incompetence. FIVE DAYS TO RESPOND to a support ticket? Then to get it completely wrong? PLEASE. That's not a bump in the road that the road disappearing...

Did you try contacting your dealer where you purchased it? I had a dive buddy who was on vacation and was able to skype with a technician to verify that same issue with the tank Pod, and it was taken care of promptly.

Wow, I'd have asked for a refund from the shop that sold it or the credit card company if the shop failed to refund!

The dive shop did not have any to swap out for me and they said Suunto wanted my POD shipped to them and I would eventually get it back, being an instructor and going on a trip in less then a week I was really surprised Suunto did not overnight a new POD to the shop for me or at the least commit to having it back before 4/3 when I leave.
Well it is going on two months and I still have not received back my EON Steel POD that's defective new out of box.

Please just send me a new tested POD.

Well it is going on two months and I still have not received back my EON Steel POD that's defective new out of box.

Please just send me a new tested POD.

Leisure Pro sells them for $324 new (yes the new Eon Steel pods) just buy from them skip the local dive bozos who suggest sending it back to Suunto as Leisure Pro will exchange faulty ones no questions asked and you save about $200 after taxes and all.

Hello,
the replacements are on-going. I'm very sorry that yours hasn't arrived yet. Please send me the RAM number. Shouldn't you have it at hand pm me your full contact details. I'll check on it first thing on Monday!

br Hendrik

My contact told me the pods are starting to ship again for those who haven't received one yet.

Back
Top Bottom