Beware of French Lady

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Drift diving? Bring it on!
I adore Tunich. I relish San Juan. Take me to Maracaibo. Please!
I want to cry when someone on the boat says, "I want to go where there's not too much current." I want to shake them and ask, "Then, why in the world are you in Cozumel!?!"

Mark me down as one more female diver who enjoys a Barca-lounger dive. Or a fighter-jet dive. :blinking:

I want to cry when someone on the boat says, "I want to go where there's not too much current." I want to shake them and ask, "Then, why in the world are you in Cozumel!?!"

I actually don't care. You want current? I'm fine with that. You want no current? I'm good with that too. I can enjoy each type of dive.

Don't get me wrong. One of the capis says you could throw me in a bathtub, and I'd probably have a good dive. True, that.
I think I just heard the "no current" request too many times over the past 6 weeks, added to the "women don't like current" here, and my current-loving-maniac self required an appearance! :D

Shooting in current is not a problem. Just pick subjects that are moving with you! :eyebrow:

Turtle_004_web.jpg

Diving in current is only a problem if the boat above picking you up is stationary...

Next time your diving in current outside of drift areas suggest a drift dive. Makes the dive more enjoyable. Conch does this in the keys!

Having dove Cozumel numerous times I can say that I don't mind some current. However, the last time we were down there we ran into current that was really fierce and it kind of sucked having no control as I was flung over the reef at high speeds. I remained calm and eventually it slowed down, but I don't look forward to that kind of diving. I mean, you can't look at much so it kind of defeats the purpose of diving for my tastes.

Add another to 'women who love drift diving'. I have done most of my diving in Cozumel so for the longest time I didn't know what it was like to dive without drift. I will admit that there are times on a ripping dive where I want to hit the rewind button to go back and look at something but most times, I just relax and enjoy the ride!

One dive we had strong current the reversed itself several times. We crossed the same piece of reef like 4 times and got to see 4 giant green morays........ (Ok after the third time even I knew it was the same one again....)

Fast, slow, it's drift diving in Coz! What's not to love!!

And add me to the list of ladies that love drift diving! I always call it 'lazy diving' .... all you have to do is steer and let the current do all the work!:D

One dive we had strong current the reversed itself several times. We crossed the same piece of reef like 4 times and got to see 4 giant green morays........ (Ok after the third time even I knew it was the same one again....)

LOL !! But, I can't help to wonder what the Moray was thinking as YOU passed by 4 times..... !!!! Let's see... " Oh NO,, Not THAT again !" or perhaps, "I wonder if it really does taste like chicken..??? "

Hey, Cozumel current it as Cozumel current does... Go with the flow or don't go...... I for one will GO, GO GO !!!

LOL !! But, I can't help to wonder what the Moray was thinking as YOU passed by 4 times..... !!!! Let's see... " Oh NO,, Not THAT again !" or perhaps, "I wonder if it really does taste like chicken..??? "

Hey, Cozumel current it as Cozumel current does... Go with the flow or don't go...... I for one will GO, GO GO !!!

Ha! I shall not get bit. I hydrate well and therefore have a natural repellent....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom