Beware!!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have had the great fortune to travel many places. Most of the time I like to go to places where there is a mix of guests from many places. I have had wonderful experiences and maintain friendships with peoples from from all over the world.

I only know two things to be true. There are beautiful people from everywhere on earth. And, there are jack-wagons from everywhere on earth. Be gracious and welcoming and the beautiful souls will gravitate to you, and smile as the jack-wagons go on by.

My point, I feel no need to tone down, or up, my Americanism.

We stayed there a couple of years ago and found the non-American aspect amusing. We said good morning to the couple on the next balcony in a different language each day just to keep them guessing.

The good thing about a Eurocentric AI is that Europeans don't tip. We found a smaller bar and tipped the kid a couple bucks our first few trips. By the time a day and a half was up full sized drinks were flying over the heads of the Euro pinching guests.

As far as diving there....Pretty weak but at least we got wet after a long northeast winter.

Back
Top Bottom