Big Blue CF-250 Focusable LED: Anyone used it?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'd also like to see any reviews of this light. Especially first-hand impressions of build quality and expected reliability. And the dimensions of their 4xAAA battery carrier (I'd prefer to run 2xCR123 if possible).

Youtube has a video of this light being demonstrated. Apparently I can't post the link since this is my first post. Search youtube for "big blue focusable backup" and you'll see it.

The beam seems to have some "ringy" artifacts in that video. I could probably live with that for the $125 price, if everything else checks out.

The only other small, focusable LED light I know about is the mb-sub X1-VB, which looks excellent...but pricier. :)

J

Me three...
Great price point for what they promise to be able to do...

I'm wondering if it's even on the market yet. I know it's listed for sale but I've heard of no one who actually has one.

If I didn't have so many lights and ordered the new Dorcy, I'd go for it.

Adam

Ah, what's one more? Go for it.:D You can always ebay the Dorcy if this one turns out to be better...if not ebay this one.:D

I also saw it at diverightinscuba.com, same price. But I recently bought the narrow & wide intova lights to fill this niche in my gear.

250 lumens is obviously not a sustained output. A top-bin XR-E emitter pushing 250 lumens would pull 1 watt from each of the 4 AAA cells. A high-quality alkaline cell can deliver 1 watt for 20 minutes tops. Lithium AAAs would do a bit better, if they are supported, but still...

IMO it doesn't need 250 lumens though. If the design is good, it might be worth buying just to get a cheap focusable/waterproof optic. :)

J

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom