Big guy... big tanks?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I know I'm late to this thread.

An alternative to consider, for resort dives, is independent backmounted doubles. Like sidemount, you use two regs and two spgs, and can use ordinary AL80s. You can either use two sets of cam bands -- DSS used to cut slots in their backplates for that and I believe they still will upon request -- or temporarily install bands. You do have to use a doubles wing. I have tried this on shore dives, and it's workable. I don't know to what extent dive ops would be willing to allow it.

Glad your 120s are working out for you.

not that any wet suit fits me

There are places that make custom wetsuits. They will cost twice as much as an off-the-rack wetsuit. A search should turn them up.

their short plates will handle LP121's with no issue, but the long back plates are key for those of us that are tall. I have those tanks for sidemount and they certainly are big! ~165 cubic feet when cave filled up to 3600psi about about 135cf at 3k where you had them.

Out of curiosity, why the 121's vs the 149's?
Because that was all leisure pro had in stock and I was heading out for our dive trip in a week. The free shipping, which was received in 3 days, let me settle for the 121s.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom