Bigblue VL 9000 lumen 120 or something else ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

barth

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
My old setup for photography was nikon D7100, 12-24 mm, 2 x DS160, remote DS125 (and Ikelite housing).

My new setup is canon 7DMKII, 10-22 mm (and subal housing). But I don’t like the strobes.I want to buy videolights. I think that would be better for me.

(At the moment I have 2 x 1000 lumen light for me videolight, this is not enough light.

I also have 2 x 20.000 lumen chinese videolight. But 1 was already flooded on a tech trip at the first dive to 51 meter. I don’t like the poor construction of the videolight.)

Most of my dives are shallow dives. I will use a scooter for that dives, these is also a mount at my camerahousing and scooter. If there is something which is interesting I remove the camera from my scooter and use my camera for photography. Most of the time my camera is on my scooter just for transport.

But I will also do dives at the Northsea with poor visibility. Goal of the dive is images of shipwrecks in green water with current and a lot of particles.

I will also do mine and cavediving.

I did buy software for photogrammetry. I really like photogrammetry. I need a lot of images to create a 3d model. Goal are wrecks in warm or cold water with good or poor visibility.

The angle of my Ikelite strobes was 100, that was enough even with a 10.5 mm fisheye. Why would somebody use a angle of 160 when he has 2 video lights mounted at a camera housing?

I want to buy the Bigblue VL 9000 lumen 2x, but are the better lights for my type of diving/photography?

Back
Top Bottom