Birthday fun??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

silvernotch

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
My fiance's birthday will fall on our honeymoon (July 20th/Saturday) and I was wondering if there's anything good going on in the evenings that we could go to? We'll be staying at Blue Angel. I didn't know if any restaurants had bands playing or just something different from the normal eat/dive/dive/eat/dive/nap/eat/sleep routine.

Thanks!

There certainly is. Me, I've only done the normal eat/dive/dive/eat/dive/nap/eat/sleep routine, but I am aware that other activities exist and didn't want you to lose hope until more enlightened posters can add to the topic. When J couldn't dive because of a broken ankle, she went out one night with some fellow Cozumel Palace shut-ins to go see some live jazz and didn't get back until the wee wee hours. I've also overheard talk of live music, especially on weekends, from DMs and their more energetic divers. Again, all this is just hearsay from me, since my favorite activity is eating a nice dinner and sitting at the bar until it's time to go to bed for the 7:45 boat in the morning.

There certainly is. Me, I've only done the normal eat/dive/dive/eat/dive/nap/eat/sleep routine, but I am aware that other activities exist and didn't want you to lose hope until more enlightened posters can add to the topic. When J couldn't dive because of a broken ankle, she went out one night with some fellow Cozumel Palace shut-ins to go see some live jazz and didn't get back until the wee wee hours. I've also overheard talk of live music, especially on weekends, from DMs and their more energetic divers. Again, all this is just hearsay from me, since my favorite activity is eating a nice dinner and sitting at the bar until it's time to go to bed for the 7:45 boat in the morning.

And who knows he might just be happy with diving (who wouldn't!!) but I figured I'd do some research and suggest it to him and see if he wants to go for it. We are supposed to go to Isla Mujeres one day to see the whale sharks so maybe I can schedule it on that day.

Your daytrip to see the Whale Sharks will be a looong day if you are planning on going from and back to Coz. Many WS trips include some kind of beach BBQ or food thing at the end.

CmyC has a current thread about where live music can be found:

Live Music - Cozumel My Cozumel Discussion Forums

A honeymoon, a birthday and a trip to Cozumel..... Congrats!

+1 for dinner at Buccano's. A nice dinner at a nice romantic setting is good. If you decide to do that, be sure to make your reservations in advance. They are only open on Friday and Saturday night. It is great dining experience.

Buccanos restaurant at night

A few romantic ideas :

Have a private meal served to you

Hire a taxi for a night drive around the island, Stopping at a few places to get out and enjoy the view and each others company.. You and your husband , no need to include the cab driver..he or she will understand ...LOL

If you are diving on his special day, compose a special poem on a dive slate and present it to him at a special point of the dive. Or, even a paper copy will do, perhaps put it in a plastic bag in order to protect it for the trip underwater.

Since signing is the main method of communication for divers, maybe learn how to sign "Happy Birthday"

Take along or arrange in advance to have special treats for your surface interval.

head down to the Money Bar for a Saturday Night Birthday Celebration

Whatever you decide upon, just being together and sharing the day is wonderful. Best Wishes to you both. !!!

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Immoderate posts and a response to them have been removed.

+1 for dinner at Buccano's. A nice dinner at a nice romantic setting is good. If you decide to do that, be sure to make your reservations in advance. They are only open on Friday and Saturday night. It is great dining experience.

Buccanos restaurant at night

That place looks awesome! I was actually thinking we should probably do a nice dinner night out since it will be our honeymoon and I think this is def a good choice!

Just an idea. You could get Andrea at the front desk to maybe get a nice cake, have the chef at BA prepare a nice meal in the restaurant.

I really like this idea too! We've been travelling his last couple birthdays and I can't remember the last time he had a birthday cake. He would definitely be surprised

A few romantic ideas :

Have a private meal served to you

Hire a taxi for a night drive around the island, Stopping at a few places to get out and enjoy the view and each others company.. You and your husband , no need to include the cab driver..he or she will understand ...LOL

If you are diving on his special day, compose a special poem on a dive slate and present it to him at a special point of the dive. Or, even a paper copy will do, perhaps put it in a plastic bag in order to protect it for the trip underwater.

Since signing is the main method of communication for divers, maybe learn how to sign "Happy Birthday"

Take along or arrange in advance to have special treats for your surface interval.

head down to the Money Bar for a Saturday Night Birthday Celebration

Whatever you decide upon, just being together and sharing the day is wonderful. Best Wishes to you both. !!!

Thanks for the suggestions! and I'll have to check out the Money Bar. He always loves trying out the local "beverages" whenever we travel haha.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom