"Black water" diving. No vis, or no daylight?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow thanks for the link/info. We are going to Roatan in November...I am going to do this.
I am heading down there Saturday for a week. if I do this dive I will post a review. I am undecided at this point though.

Hawaii you go out a few miles, and are in 10,000 feet of water. Lots of cool stuff, but all small. A few small fish, mostly very small stuff. Big stuff comes by very rarely per the DMs, and it scares the hell out of you when it comes out of the darknes.

I like "black water" diving. I had just never heard it called that.

No matter what it's called the Pelagic Magic experience is definitely a different sort of dive. You should have your buoyancy control well dialed in before trying it though. You rely on your vision for that more than you'd expect.

I just got back from a week of diving with West End Divers, they did the "Black Water Dive" last Sunday night. I didn't get the chance to do it. I talked to a couple guys that did it and they said it was amazing, they said the number little creatures they saw was mind blowing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom