Blackbeards Freeport Dock Storage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rod Koehler

Registered
Reaction score
Just snagged a spot on Blackbeards the week of June 17th, 2006 shoving off from Freeport, and have a couple of questions I haven't seen posted.

Mainly, is there locked storage at or near the dock? I have a lot of gear, most of which won't be needed on the cruise, because I'll be heading to Jamaica after the cruise for a few weeks of teaching tennis at a resort.

Also, I'll have Friday and Saturday after the cruise, and am looking for a good but not too expensive place to stay. How tourist friendly is Bahamas compared to Jamaica? Very general question, I know, but thought I'd throw it out there for chum.

Also, if anyone else is booked on Blackbeards that week, I'd enjoy hearing from you.

Blackbeard's has locked storage area at the dock, where peoiple leave their hard suitcases and anything else they don't need on the boat. IT's secure and I don't know of any problems they've had. Sorry, I'm on the trip Apr 29 to May 5. My second this year as I was on in January. See my trip report here: http://www.knightdiveraquatics.com/scuba_blackbeard.html. I found the people there to be very friendly. Their major industry is the tourist industry so most try to keep you happy. I didn't stay at a hotel, so can't really help you there.:14:

My wife and I were aboard Blackbeard's 12/28 - 1/4/06.
The report/link offered in the previous post is right on.
There is a large house/base located at 13 Blackbeards Place. There will be plenty of room to store your gear in the house while you are at sea. The owners live there I believe, and the entire group is very kind. We sailed with G-man n the Morningstar as well - Terrific crew!!!! You will have a blast! Try Blackbeards in the search window, you will have lots to look over.

Just got back from the Feb 25th - March 3rd trip. They put all our bags in the room with their t-shirts and other gear for sale. This door is locked when not in use. Everyone is very friendly and I felt no worry leaving my bags this way.

Have a great time! I know we did!

Welcome to the board! Hubby and I are booked for June 3-9. We are flying in to Freeport on Friday and staying at the Port Lucaya resort that Friday night and also the following Friday night when the boat returns to Freeport. The rate is only $60 per night, taxes and all, if you tell them you are going on Blackbeards at the time you book it. This is our first trip, so we haven't stayed with them before. But the website looks okay, and you can't beat the rate...hard to find this good of a rate even here in the states! Cab fare is about $20 from the airport to the hotel and about $5 one way to the dock. Check it out and see what you think.

Back
Top Bottom