Suggestion Block feature

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Go to their profile and click “ignore”.

You are kidding, right? This is not a platform to host your own message board, but rather a public form to share resources about diving (okay, and other silly stuff too). What you are asking for is to basically have everything you do be only through something like direct messages to your own selected group of people. Little value to a public forum....

This isn't FB....

You are kidding, right? This is not a platform to host your own message board, but rather a public form to share resources about diving (okay, and other silly stuff too). What you are asking for is to basically have everything you do be only through something like direct messages to your own selected group of people. Little value to a public forum....

This isn't FB....
It's a legitimate question. Several forums and platforms allow limiting your audience. I am new and was making an honest inquiry.

It's a legitimate question. Several forums and platforms allow limiting your audience. I am new and was making an honest inquiry.

Fair enough. ScubaBoard's runs on xenForo, software which does not support that feature, currently anyway. The concept does run counter to the concept of a public forum. By public forum I mean one that is open to non-members and is indexed by search engines like Google and Bing.

The closest feature we have is DMs (Direct Messages), which is private, but can include a number of members.

I know of some forums with a block feature that prevents you from seeing a blocked user’s posts, but haven’t heard of forums that allow you to prevent people from seeing what you’ve posted. This isn’t Twitter.

The block feature seems to be designed for those sensitive souls who believe in unicorns and pseudo-religious practices. We’re pragmatic scuba divers and, with a few notable exceptions, most people are interested in learning and not debating their pet cultish hypotheses.

The good news is the moderators come down hard on trolls. The rest is just playing nicely together.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom