Blue Angel Resort review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If I tried to put my wife in a hotel where she had to put used TP in a can, I think I would find it hard to hold a regulator in my mouth with a broken jaw. Thanks for the heads up.

It depends on the plumbing in the structure and the connection to the sewer system. Places I have stayed at one time in the past include the Casa Mexicana, Hotel Cozumel, Bahia, Presidente and several condo locations. AS best I recall none of them required the use of trash cans for TP. My Villa Aldora is actually a quite old structure-- but when I purchased the property in 2003 I redid everything including plumbing that tolerates, even gladly accepts TP.

Dave Dilehay
Aldora Divers

I'm not sure I understand the correlation between a toilet that will remove the waste of a horse and the treatment and disposal infrastructure of said waste.

If I tried to put my wife in a hotel where she had to put used TP in a can, I think I would find it hard to hold a regulator in my mouth with a broken jaw. Thanks for the heads up.

Unfortunate. Many, many countries around the world lack the infrastructure (most of Mexico being one), to accommodate her requirements. We prefer the "leave nothing but footprints" philosophy.

Last edited:
If you've never had to do it, you may think it'd stink like crazy, but it's not that bad.

Richard.
Second that; in fact it's really far less of a big deal than some make of it. Encapsulate it in some clean paper and you'd never know it was there.

They make very small plastic bags for this. They don't sell them at Mega.

Altamira said:
"If I tried to put my wife in a hotel where she had to put used TP in a can, I think I would find it hard to hold a regulator in my mouth with a broken jaw. Thanks for the heads up."

[QUOTE="mediumone, post: 8108191, member: 142818"
Unfortunate. Many, many countries around the world lack the infrastructure (most of Mexico being one), to accommodate her requirements. We prefer the "leave nothing but footprints" philosophy.

An admirable philosophy. However, you leave nothing but footprints? Do you pack up all of your toilet paper (TP) waste and take it home with you for more sanitary disposal? I wonder what happens to all of those little plastic bags lining the TP waste can? And, pity the poor hotel maid that has to deal with a can full of poopy TP, who then proceeds to handle your bedding and towels, and maybe drinking glasses. We travel extensively throughout the world, and have certainly had to use some toilets that would literally water your eyes. But, when it comes to staying in a hotel, even in places like China, India, Central and South America, as well as others, we have always found hotels that did not require or request the use of a TP waste can. Yes, those hotels may cost more money, but for us, that is money well spent.

Last edited:
Again, there are very few hotels in Cozumel that require TP in trash cans. The Villa Aldora basic structure was built in 1988. There was no public sewer system then and most places used septic tanks or worse. In addition the plumbing was of such small diameter to clog easily. Again in 2003 I put in all new plumbing, got rid of the septic system (which was draining right into the ocean in front!). The City sewer system and treatment plant is state of the art

With BA I don't know if they ever connected to the sewer (in the street) or use a septic tank. But I do know it would have been a REALLY big problem to re-plumb the rooms as they are laid out. I once considered to buy it from my Ex Wife (Lorena) but saw too much remedial work.

Dave

I had read your previous post on the subject, and I would not hesitate to stay in your hotel should I visit Cozumel for a more extended period than a one day cruise stop.

Much ado about nothing

Back
Top Bottom