Blue Angle

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TR186

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Thinking of staying at Blue Angle but wondering about their dive op. What size boats, dive your air and computer?

Blue Angle would be a good name for a fishing boat.

Thinking of staying at Blue Angle but wondering about their dive op. What size boats, dive your air and computer?

We had a group stay there last year and loved the experience. Our group was large so they had two boats for us. One was a smaller but faster boat that held 8 divers. The other was larger and we had 16 on it I think it was. I was on the smaller boat because that's what I like but folks had the option of a bigger boat that you could walk around on if that's what you wanted.

We were allowed to dive our computers and come up when you were ready. If some of the group had to come up sooner they did and the boat picked them up. I would say on average our dives were an hour or more.

I have been to Cozumel many times and this past trip was the first time I used Blue Angel. When I go back, I will stay with them again. And they have a really nice shore dive as well.

My family and I have been staying at Blue Angel since the early 80's, through several owners and hotel names. I can't imagine staying anywhere else. We will be there again in May.

The dive shop there is excellent. Most of their dive trips are on small fast boats, although they have one or two larger boats that go out later in the day. The DM's are great, and their policy is to let you dive your air/computer and come up in buddy pairs when you are done.

we have also been staying at BA for several years, through a couple different owners. love the property, location and people.

The dive op has 3-4 pangas (six pack fast boats) and at least 2 large "cabin cruisers" they use the pangas, for most of their guest's, morning, afternoon and twilight/night dives. The larger boats are generally used for late morning dives that cater to cruise shippers and folks coming over from the mainland that can't make the 8:00am six pack departures. They will also rent extra six packs if they need to.

they will also use the larger boats for "morning dives" when they have a large group of divers, like a dive shop trip.

most of the time you will be able to "dive your computer", on my last trip, almost every dive I made was 60 minutes or longer, both the first "deep dives" and the second "shallow dives". Sometimes the DM will limit the dive to a certain time limit, due to it being a second dive and they are tying to keep folks, out of deco, or for some other safety reason. ... safety first!

And the Blue Angel has nice snacks. We did the after dive snacking there and liked it. Esp that the churro guy came through too!

Love the churro guy! 2 for 1 margaritas & tapas during happy hour the last time I was there. On a sad note, Huit has gone to Europe. He was very helpful with my booking last year. Getting ready to pull the trigger for this year's trip. Damn airfare keeps creeping up!

Back
Top Bottom