Blue Heron Bridge Dive & Picnic, August 14th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My friends have bowed out. Too many non divers override the wants of the divers.. :(

Just got back home. Wonderful dive and a wonderful time with friends and family. Of course I did not take my camera and I had 3 firsts at BHB today. First Purple Mouth Moray, first Batfish, and first Cow Nose Ray. Lots of fun.

:D
Lots of fun.[/QUOTE:
Yep, Lots of fun. I especially enjoyed shooting all the baitfish out around the hole south off the beach. Maybe more of'em today than yesterday! A nice dive....and a great group of folks!

Yep agree! Good seeing old friends and meeting new friends! Dive was very enjoyable r diand Hermit Crab and I had a blast. thanks Bill for putting up with us!
After dive picnic was relaxing and I enjoyed hanging out with everybody

Now, Krista, you need to post the pics of that blobous thing

THANK YOU very much to KBeck for organizing the picnic and for showing us around underwater! We really enjoyed seeing some folks again and meeting some new folks too. I saw a few people enoying the Greek-flavored potato chips we brought - aren't they awesome? Target sells them, and they some other unusual flavors too.

KBeck was an excellent tour guide. We saw quite a few things we had never seen before at BHB, including but not limited to:

Upsidedown Jelly
Aug_14_10_BHB_Dive_016-1.jpg

This poor, scared little web burrfish (it was already inflated when we saw it)
Aug_14_10_BHB_Dive_054-1.jpg

This octopus (atlantic longarm?) acting strangely. If that lasts more than four hours, see a doctor.

Aug_14_10_BHB_Dive_069-1.jpg

Guess he didn't like that wisecrack.
Aug_14_10_BHB_Dive_071-1.jpg

And last but not least, the headshield slugs. I don't know how you all find those things. KBeck had to practically pick them up before I figured out what she was pointing at.
Aug_14_10_BHB_Dive_085-1.jpg

Overall, it was a great dive at the bridge. In some places, the vis wasn't too great. not sure why:
Aug_14_10_BHB_Dive_088-1.jpg

Thanks again everyone. Hope to see you underwater again soon!

I love that last picture... It sums up the west side for Saturday!

Now, I go take care of the dog and call to see if the party needs anything... I'm told, "Don't bother coming back, the party is breaking up". Dang, I didn't get to participate (was it my breath?)

Like I said before, I had a great time yesterday. Last night I put the gear in the bin an soaked it over night. This morning when I cleaned the gear and finished rinsing everything, I could not find my mask. It is a Tusa Liberator with a blue faceplate and clear skirt. If anyone finds it, please let me know. I guess it's time for a new mask, I've had this one for years and I love it.

I saw that poor puffer too.. good thing I didn't see the person do that. :fishslap:
I don't get it. :shakehead:

I saw that poor puffer too.. good thing I didn't see the person do that. :fishslap:
I don't get it. :shakehead:
Krista said she saw it puff twice without any outside assistance. The first time she has ever seen that happen

Maybe just all the divers was freaking it out...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom