Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
more yellow stuff

Maybe I'll see you Kevin. The "J's" have a date. But I've received new intel and am focused on a non-froggie mission.

Cool! Can I watch??

Finally found one of those yellow seaweed blennies (I presume). Viz wasn't great, though. . .

Kevin

IMG_8015wa.jpg

---------- Post Merged at 01:30 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:38 PM ----------

IMG_8211wa.jpg

Haven't seen too many of these guys. He didn't seem bothered by me, but he ducked back down in his hole each time the little school of small bar jacks wandered by.

Kevin

Great looking seaweed blenny, don't remember seeing a yellow variant.
Your on fire with all things yellow!:D
John

I did the June class last weekend. I just wanted to follow up and say that this class was GREAT and I would recommend it to anyone who wants to improve their macro photography. Phil and the rest of the guys at REEF were fantastic. Thanks again for mentioning it.

Great to hear! I am signing up for the August class. Where was the classroom work? At a hotel? If so which one?

I'm sure it was great!
I've known the REEF folks and acknowledge phil's bridge/photo expertise but do you have any specifics you can can share.
Wanted to attend but couldn't make time.
Chen from Reef has some great stuff there too!!!
John

Yep Phil is awesome, and I shoot OLY as well so he is invaluable to me. I have spoken to him many times, and he is always happy to answer questions.

Can't wait!

---------- Post Merged at 02:47 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 02:05 PM ----------

Hi, this is the other (non-female) Ari who visited on Friday.

Just got back from the rest of the trip and wanted to stop in and say it was great meeting y'all. Had an amazing dive. My wife is quite jealous, and we're now pondering a trip consisting of a week of BHB dives--one long dive per day. Crazy? Maybe :)

I sliced-and-diced some video together in a crude fashion. I'm almost too intimidated to post it here--it's just unlit footage from a ContourROAM, pasted together with Kdenlive--but figured I might as well memorialize the day.
(snipped)
Y'all are very lucky to have a place like this in your backyard!

Best,
Ari
Ari, Can you share details on your setup? My wife just started using a Flip UltraHD and iTorch Pro3. She is pretty happy with it so far. Awesome video!

love the yellow blenny! There was a time there was a yellow seahorse next to it.. but I have not seen the seahorse in quite some time.

Yellow

love the yellow blenny! There was a time there was a yellow seahorse next to it.. but I have not seen the seahorse in quite some time.

I've never seen a yellow seahorse, but would certainly love to. Ran into another "yellowish" seaweed today, but it seemed to be sort of "intermediately" yellow. This one was also considerably more shy. Or, maybe it was wishful thinking that it was differently colored. :D

Kevin

IMG_8887wa.jpg

---------- Post Merged at 11:50 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 11:25 PM ----------

Great looking seaweed blenny, don't remember seeing a yellow variant.
Your on fire with all things yellow!:D
John

Well, this guy was *reddish* yellow. Didn't match the balls on the sargassum as well as last year's version, and only spotted one. Much better poser than the guy from last year. Looking forward to seeing yer spotter's green version. Never did find that blue thing of which you spoke. :depressed:

The little wifey *loved* the pic I showed her of that Jimmy Durante thing you guys showed me. :D

Oh, and I guess the octo with the cardinalfish *is* the one I was originally describing. Don't see no dern pipe under him, though. . . There was also a *really* tiny highhat with him - not even a dorsal fin on him, yet - but I ain't good enough to get a good pic of him.

Tomorrow? You guys get out before dark today??

Kevin

IMG_8994wa.jpgIMG_9242wa.jpg

Barely, low vis dive today went past 3 hours.
Glad you liked the whip eel. Will try again tomorrow.
john

that juvenile cowfish is a cutie!!! nice find!

Out front

Barely, low vis dive today went past 3 hours.
Glad you liked the whip eel. Will try again tomorrow.
john

Was thinking that I'd never even *heard* of a whip eel, but a bit of googling demonstrates that you guys have posted pics of em before - right here back in December. Same spot??

If somebody would get off work earlier, they could dive in pretty *good* viz. :D The sudden loss of viz at the tide change was dramatic. Didjall *see* anything off the beach after that?? And, did you manage to run across the hairy one??

Hung around just out front for a *long* time waiting for potential "intel", so spent more time there than usual. Tried some available light shots in an attempt to avoid some backscatter. The pipefish was almost a foot long. A couple of different juvie hamlets, a lady hairy blenny that loves to pose, a very popular juvie angelfish, a trunkfish that who changes shades for his angelfish cleanage, a fin-walking plume scorpion, and some other stuff.

Kevin

View attachment 128355IMG_8597wa.jpgIMG_8933wa over ten inches long.jpgIMG_8927wa.jpgIMG_8900wa.jpgIMG_8848wa.jpgIMG_8822wa new outfit.jpgIMG_8798wa cleaner.jpgIMG_8795wa cleaning colors.jpgIMG_8764wa station.jpgIMG_8747wa.jpgIMG_8742wa Hypoplectrus puella Barred Hamlet.jpgIMG_8687w.jpgIMG_8640wa.jpgIMG_8630wa.jpgIMG_9046wa.jpg

---------- Post Merged at 10:18 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 10:16 AM ----------

Speaking of yellow ... don't forget about this guy:

View attachment 128356

:D

grrrrrrrrr:banghead:

---------- Post Merged at 10:19 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 10:16 AM ----------

that juvenile cowfish is a cutie!!! nice find!

Wondered just what brand of box fish those are. Makes sense, considering what shows up in that area as adults. Thanks.

Kevin

Intel

Looking at about a 3:30 entry today. Much prefer the better viz *prior* to high tide. . . All "intel" appreciated. :D

A little flounder had a different look near the end of the dive. Don't really know my flounders. Looks like somebody tried to set the hook too hard the semi-lucky lane. . .

Kevin

IMG_8950wa.jpgIMG_9083wa boys.jpgIMG_9171w derby hat.jpgIMG_9185wa.jpgIMG_9190wa.jpgIMG_9278wa.jpgIMG_9272wa set the hook better.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom